Could you compare a dolls house and the bell jar?

Watch
realsmilee
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, 😀

I was just wondering if a dolls house and the bell jar would be a suitable comparison choice for an essay?

Thanks! 😀

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
realsmilee
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
(Original post by Carthaginian)
There's an idea of being "trapped" inside them, but it's kinda hard to compare.
Yeah I thought so 😕 Probably not possible then

What else could I compare the bell jar with?

Carthaginian
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by realsmilee)
Yeah I thought so 😕 Probably not possible then

What else could I compare the bell jar with?

Wait, are you talking about 2 novels/plays or actual bell jars and doll houses?
realsmilee
Rep:
The novel and play

Carthaginian
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by realsmilee)
The novel and play

Ah damn, never heard of those in my life.
realsmilee
Rep:
(Original post by Carthaginian)
Ah damn, never heard of those in my life.
Oh hahahahahaha

hollylouiseg
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I was wondering what you decided on for the comparison with the bell jar, as I am in the same position and have several novels I wanted to do however I cant. many thanks
Romyy
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
The two literary works can be compared on a lot of different aspects. An example is that the two authors criticize the position of women in their time. Moreover, both the play and the book deal with main characters who are feeling suppressed because of society's standards. Symbols in the works which can prove this are the trees and the titles of the literary works.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (109)
34.28%
Yes - a trusted person (89)
27.99%
No (84)
26.42%
I'm not sure (36)
11.32%

Watched Threads