Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is being a virgin at 19 years old seen as uncommon? Watch

Nowadays?

ReputationRep:
    nope, not everyone has a huge sex drive

ReputationRep:
    It's not as uncommon as you may think. I lost mine when I was 20, at the time I thought it was embarrassing but in hindsight I'm glad I waited now. A couple of friends lost theirs in their early twenties too.

ReputationRep:
    Why are people on this site obsessed with virginity. It's not that deep. 19 is not too uncommon. And if it is then it doesn't really matter. If you're a virgin because your social skills suck (because you don't even have to be attractive to have sex), then you should work on your social skills and your personality. I know that advice sounds useless since sex is so physical. But if you're a guy or a girl then focusing on becoming the best version of yourself will definitely lead to people wanting to have sex with you.

I am a 23 year old girl and I am a virgin. I can assure you that I do not give a **** about it being common or uncommon. If someone asks/the situation asks, then I tell them. The fact I don't have a problem with it has meant that no one has. I haven't had sex yet out of choice. I am not just going to **** a guy to lose the title. Having sex doesn't make you a better or superior person.

ReputationRep:
    It may be seen as uncommon, but probably more are than will admit it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Nowadays?
    No

ReputationRep:
    it is but it doesnt matter its a good thing being a virgin i wish that i still was btw i was 20 when i lost mine which is old too

ReputationRep:
    Later than most. But it's not uncommon at all. There are plenty of people who are virgins well into their 20's.

ReputationRep:
    it's less common than not being a virgin but it's not rare or strange

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 5, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.