Turn on thread page Beta

Is being a virgin at 19 years old seen as uncommon? watch

Announcements

Nowadays?

ReputationRep:
    nope, not everyone has a huge sex drive

ReputationRep:
    It's not as uncommon as you may think. I lost mine when I was 20, at the time I thought it was embarrassing but in hindsight I'm glad I waited now. A couple of friends lost theirs in their early twenties too.

ReputationRep:
    Why are people on this site obsessed with virginity. It's not that deep. 19 is not too uncommon. And if it is then it doesn't really matter. If you're a virgin because your social skills suck (because you don't even have to be attractive to have sex), then you should work on your social skills and your personality. I know that advice sounds useless since sex is so physical. But if you're a guy or a girl then focusing on becoming the best version of yourself will definitely lead to people wanting to have sex with you.

I am a 23 year old girl and I am a virgin. I can assure you that I do not give a **** about it being common or uncommon. If someone asks/the situation asks, then I tell them. The fact I don't have a problem with it has meant that no one has. I haven't had sex yet out of choice. I am not just going to **** a guy to lose the title. Having sex doesn't make you a better or superior person.

ReputationRep:
    It may be seen as uncommon, but probably more are than will admit it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Nowadays?
    No

ReputationRep:
    it is but it doesnt matter its a good thing being a virgin i wish that i still was btw i was 20 when i lost mine which is old too

ReputationRep:
    Later than most. But it's not uncommon at all. There are plenty of people who are virgins well into their 20's.

ReputationRep:
    it's less common than not being a virgin but it's not rare or strange

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 5, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.