Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why can't people speak the straight truth? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Palmyra)
    I couldn't agree more.

As further proof of this, my thread was deleted because "there are vulnerable users on TSR", FFS.
    its tsr which is a massive censorship site
    they want to filter all potentially harmful not nice comments
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by 0to100)
    Never knew you were such a renegade...
    If you mean rebel, I'll take it as a compliment.

ReputationRep:
    When I do people get offended.

ReputationRep:
    All I wanted was a civil discussion with a variety of viewpoints :cry:
    Suuuuuuuure...lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AIDS Skrillex)
    The best (or worst) example of this is fat people. All this fat acceptance is raising a society of fatties who think they're beautiful.

Bring back fatshaming.
    My mum told me I was fat and it did wonders for my health and my sex life, if I had a normie-mother I would probably have died my hair purple and joined tumblr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    Teach me how to make a poll, I want to make a thread. Lmao.

And you just loooove the word pussy, no jokes.
    When you click create thread and are entering a thread title and text box, scroll down and tick the "include poll" box, then click submit and it will let you add your poll question/responses (I also recommend making responses public)

I make no apologies for my pleasures in life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    If you mean rebel, I'll take it as a compliment.
    No. I mean renegade. It wasn't an insult nor a compliment. It was an observation.

(Original post by CraigBackner)
    its tsr which is a massive censorship site
    they want to filter all potentially harmful not nice comments
    Well they get sponsored, so they have to be socially responsible for their sponsors and cut out all the muck. It's essentially messing with their livelihood when you make an unnecessary mess on here.

I think a better discussion is the politically correctness in the real world like being persecuted for not liking a certain group.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l'etranger)
    My mum told me I was fat and it did wonders for my health and my sex life, if I had a normie-mother I would probably have died my hair purple and joined tumblr
    My best friend was obese in secondary school, 5'8 and 95 kg at the age of 14. We ridiculed him everyday "where's your bra" "have you ever seen your own penis". He joined a gym and lost 20kg in 3 months.

But this does work more with men, if you insult men about something they try to change it, women not so much.
    • Political Ambassador

When you click create thread and are entering a thread title and text box, scroll down and tick the "include poll" box, then click submit and it will let you add your poll question/responses (I also recommend making responses public)

I make no apologies for my pleasures in life
    :rofl:

Yeah, such a pleasure can't be excused.

ReputationRep:
    My best friend was obese in secondary school, 5'8 and 95 kg at the age of 14. We ridiculed him everyday "where's your bra" "have you ever seen your own penis". He joined a gym and lost 20kg in 3 months.

But this does work more with men, if you insult men about something they try to change it, women not so much.
    Exactly. It works so well with men that our obsession with therapy and acceptance is the precise reason we have so many men suffering issues, we don't need more understanding, we need less BS.
    • Political Ambassador

No. I mean renegade. It wasn't an insult nor a compliment. It was an observation.
    Not cool then.

You don't have a perceptive eye, I must say.

ReputationRep:
    Ikr, I wish people would say it how it is

ReputationRep:
    its in our british DNA - we're too polite

ReputationRep:
    The best (or worst) example of this is fat people. All this fat acceptance is raising a society of fatties who think they're beautiful.

Bring back fatshaming.
    Fat shaming never left from my perspective.

Maybe me and my mates are insensitive mugs

ReputationRep:
    Some people get too offended these days, I prefer to keep a stiff upper lip.

But white lies are also in some way needed and without them I am sure I would have no friends and be the biggest a hole in the school.
    Lies are a fabric of society

ReputationRep:
    Nah mate. That's TWO words :smug:
    otoooooo pls...

Bring back fatshaming.
    true that
    But to be honest, i wouldn't say anything about it if they don't.

They're beautifully fat if that's what u mean
    (Original post by alexschmalex)
    It's a British thing. A lot of people found my bluntness to be rude when I moved over, the ones I kept as friends got used to it tho
    Ha. Rude? I'm rather get **** and be told my problems so i can improve rather than a fake stupid polite group.
    (Original post by saraxh)
    When I do people get offended.
    Well tough **** then.
    (Original post by tmd12345)
    Ikr, I wish people would say it how it is
    Me 2 bud
    (Original post by Allie4)
    No, it's not genetic you choose to do it. Most likely a product of society as some may say, you're raised to be "polite" and everyone else around you is too, so most jump on the bandwagon.
    (Original post by AperfectBalance)
    Some people get too offended these days, I prefer to keep a stiff upper lip.

But white lies are also in some way needed and without them I am sure I would have no friends and be the biggest a hole in the school.
    Lies are a fabric of society
    Exactly everyone's too offended these days....

You're not wrong there. Then again i got barely any friends...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allie4)
    Nah. It's more so having no tolerance for impolite people, as opposed to being polite.

(Original post by will'o'wisp)
    otoooooo pls...
    thank you for not calling me Otto.

ReputationRep:

thank you for not calling me Otto.
    np
    :angelwings:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will'o'wisp)
    otoooooo pls...

true that
    But to be honest, i wouldn't say anything about it if they don't.

They're beautifully fat if that's what u mean

Ha. Rude? I'm rather get **** and be told my problems so i can improve rather than a fake stupid polite group.

Well tough **** then.

Me 2 bud

No, it's not genetic you choose to do it. Most likely a product of society as some may say, you're raised to be "polite" and everyone else around you is too, so most jump on the bandwagon.

Exactly everyone's too offended these days....

You're not wrong there. Then again i got barely any friends...
    When I was actually being myself on TSR someone got upset so i'll just stop. smh.

ReputationRep:
    Because sometimes people think lying and cutting corners is the easier way out.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.