Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Arguments with people after coming out Watch

I've been an ex-Muslim for nearly a year now and I've only just publicly came out on a Facebook post in which a lot of people received a big shock.

Now everyone wants to contact me to argue with me to bring me back to 'the force' after finding out that I've joined 'the dark side'.

I've argued with a few people already and they can't even accept criticism of the religion so the argument gets nowhere. I've been made to feel like a criminal by them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've been an ex-Muslim for nearly a year now and I've only just publicly came out on a Facebook post in which a lot of people received a big shock.

Now everyone wants to contact me to argue with me to bring me back to 'the force' after finding out that I've joined 'the dark side'.

I've argued with a few people already and they can't even accept criticism of the religion so the argument gets nowhere. I've been made to feel like a criminal by them.
    There is no force and they are the dark side. They're wasting their life with blind faith and worshipping something which could or couldn't exist when they could be making a good job out of their life which means they spend their time much more efficiently. They have no basis for their faith other than, It just is.

They're the criminal. You're not doign what i like so i'm gonna make you feel bad. That sounds pretty ****. Think again who's the real idiot and fool here.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Why make a big deal out of it to publicise it on Facebook though? Comments like that are bound to happen....

Anyway, you shouldn't feel bad for that. You made a choice to leave the religion and so you should accept that now. People are always going to judge you but oh well, that's life. Ignore the people having a go at you and live your life.

lol

(Original post by UWS)
    Why make a big deal out of it to publicise it on Facebook though? Comments like that are bound to happen....

Anyway, you shouldn't feel bad for that. You made a choice to leave the religion and so you should accept that now. People are always going to judge you but oh well, that's life. Ignore the people having a go at you and live your life.
    I honestly couldn't hide it any longer. It honestly feels like being gay back in the 70s. I don't see why I should be ashamed of it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 5, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.