The Student Room Group

RAF PRTC and RTS start dates 2017

hi all
I applied to join the RAF back in September. I have passed every phase up to the fitness test which I passed back in November. I'm waiting on my start date for my PRTC and RTS. I was wondering if anyone else was in same boat, still waiting on dates or have received there dates if applied around the same time?
I had a phone call in December saying it wont be till after April 1st due to no spaces. anyone else have this?

Scroll to see replies

Moved to Armed Forces.
Reply 2
Original post by faye07
I had a phone call in December saying it wont be till after April 1st due to no spaces. anyone else have this?

That will depend on the trade you're going for.

The system is designed so that, ideally, you go straight from RTC to phase 2, if your phase 2 course is only run occasionally, you'll wait longer to get on to the appropriate RTC.

Other people anecdotally saying they've got on a course before you doesn't mean anything negative about you.

You've been told when you'll hear something, so just wait till then.
Original post by faye07
hi all
I applied to join the RAF back in September. I have passed every phase up to the fitness test which I passed back in November. I'm waiting on my start date for my PRTC and RTS. I was wondering if anyone else was in same boat, still waiting on dates or have received there dates if applied around the same time?

As Drewski said, its just a waiting game now. It all depends on when your trade training starts, I applied similar time to you and have been given dates of middle of march for prtc and middle of may for basic. Plus it gives you plenty of time to prepare and keep on top of the fitness
Reply 4
Jakeharlow what did you apply for? And how long did it take for you to find out you dates after your fitness test?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by faye07
Jakeharlow what did you apply for? And how long did it take for you to find out you dates after your fitness test?

Posted from TSR Mobile

RAF Police, I hadn't heard from the afco at all so I emailed them around a week later and I got dates emailed back to me. I would suggest maybe emailing them and see if they can give you an idea... what are you applying as?
Reply 6
I might email them then. I have applied for RAF medic. I really would love to be in by April but it doesn't seem like that will happen now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have my PRTC in May start basic beginning of August, I'm going in as a aircraft tech (mech). will be 1 year and 2 months from start of application.
Reply 8
My PRTC is in May as well. What date?
My intake is in July though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Joshlreece
I have my PRTC in May start basic beginning of August, I'm going in as a aircraft tech (mech). will be 1 year and 2 months from start of application.

Best trade in the air force :wink: It's much better on the other side of Halton and Cosford so just put up with all the rubbish and know you've got something decent to look forward to. If you have any questions, give me a shout!
Got my prtc date for 15 march and brtc 29th of march for chef anyone same?
Original post by faye07

Posted from TSR Mobile

17th of May
Yeah I've got the same thing just spoke to my careers office and was told prtc dates are 14th of June and 5th of July RTS isn't until August time though so quite a wait as of yet haha what are you going in as ??
Original post by Joshlreece

That's basically the boat I'm in I applied last match but failed my first fitness test... bit annoyed but I'm amm aswell haha
Original post by Joshua_herman
That's basically the boat I'm in I applied last match but failed my first fitness test... bit annoyed but I'm amm aswell haha

Didn't you get an exact date for RTS?
Reply 15
Original post by faye07

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey,

Not sure how much we can say on here but I have found out this the my intake is July too around the middle? Does that sound like we could be in the same intake? However I'll be attending my PRTC in June.
Reply 16
Original post by B23V
Hey,

Not sure how much we can say on here but I have found out this the my intake is July too around the middle? Does that sound like we could be in the same intake? However I'll be attending my PRTC in June.

Hey yes my intake is in the middle of July the same as you but my prtc is in may. What have you applied for?
Reply 17
I have PRTC 17th May for AMM Av
Reply 18
Mines before then. Do you have your intake date yet?
Reply 19
Original post by faye07
Mines before then. Do you have your intake date yet?

July 5th

Quick Reply