Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I want to study architecture design at bcu. I love what this course has to offer but wanted to know if this was a good uni to study interior design at?... any thoughts.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiya_2000)
    I want to study architecture design at bcu. I love what this course has to offer but wanted to know if this was a good uni to study interior design at?... any thoughts.
    Hey tiya_2000,

That's great to hear you'd like to study this course! I studied here at BCU a couple of years ago and although I didn't study your specific course I can tell you a little about what it's like to be a student here and the campus if you have any specific questions?

Our interior design course has great industry links and really values working with professionals all through the course which means you'll get to work on live briefs to include in your portfolio which is a huge benefit when you come to graduate and look for employment. Tutors are also really helpful and approachable and you'd have access to amazing facilities on our City Centre Campus.
    If you haven't already, check out the video about the course to hear from current students and the course leader.

Are you from Birmingham or would you be new to the city? It's such a great place to be a student, there's so much to do! Like I said, if you have any questions, just drop a line.

All the best,
    Lydia
    The BCU Team

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much for replying. In terms of rankings, the uni isnt very high which worries me. within this course, do you kno what the ranking is?
    (Original post by Birmingham City University)
    Hey tiya_2000,

That's great to hear you'd like to study this course! I studied here at BCU a couple of years ago and although I didn't study your specific course I can tell you a little about what it's like to be a student here and the campus if you have any specific questions?

Our interior design course has great industry links and really values working with professionals all through the course which means you'll get to work on live briefs to include in your portfolio which is a huge benefit when you come to graduate and look for employment. Tutors are also really helpful and approachable and you'd have access to amazing facilities on our City Centre Campus.
    If you haven't already, check out the video about the course to hear from current students and the course leader.

Are you from Birmingham or would you be new to the city? It's such a great place to be a student, there's so much to do! Like I said, if you have any questions, just drop a line.

All the best,
    Lydia
    The BCU Team

ReputationRep:
    Name:  bdd7dcda6dfae06eecf767299e3131196cf3e048a075812f9f4d8a6045a81763.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  54.6 KB
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiya_2000)
    Thanks so much for replying. In terms of rankings, the uni isnt very high which worries me. within this course, do you kno what the ranking is?

Hi tiya_2000,

The course is ranked 43rd in The Complete University Guide league table.

League tables are a great way to initially look at courses, but it's also really import to decide what it is you want from a course. For example, are there particular modules you would want to study? Are there opportunities for you to work all over the world? Does it have long-term career opportunities?

Our course is great if you want to learn about design while enjoying study trips, the chance of overseas study, international design competitions, and working with clients on real world industry projects. Some of our recent graduates have have had their designs selected by outdoor furniture manufacturers and others are working at global names such as FITCH, and Gensler. It's well worth having a look at our course page to learn more about what's on offer

I hope that helps but feel free to ask me any other questions!

Kiran
    The BCU Team

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.