The Student Room Group

Applying for MSc from Spain

Are the condition grades higher than the predicted grades normally, or lower?
Reply 1
Original post by Erasman

The condition grades are normally whatever the typical offer is for the course.
Reply 2
Original post by jneill
The condition grades are normally whatever the typical offer is for the course.

mmm, the thing is that I am applying from Spain, to Imperial. One friend applied with an average of 8.8 and the offer had the condition of an 8.5.

I am applying to a different master's, but I have 8.3 so I don't know if I am going to be rejected, offered a place if I achieve an 8.5 (impossible) or offered a place with a reasonable condition such as 8.
Reply 3
Original post by Erasman
mmm, the thing is that I am applying from Spain, to Imperial. One friend applied with an average of 8.8 and the offer had the condition of an 8.5.

I am applying to a different master's, but I have 8.3 so I don't know if I am going to be rejected, offered a place if I achieve an 8.5 (impossible) or offered a place with a reasonable condition such as 8.

It will entirely depend on the usual requirement for the course. Are you postgraduate applying for MA/MSc?

But the point is they don't usually lower the requirement to match a predicted grade.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by jneill
It will entirely depend on the usual requirement for the course. Are you postgraduate applying for MA/MSc?

But the point is they don't usually lower the requirement to match a predicted grade.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am applying for MSc Applied Maths, being top 5% at my home university, but seemingly not enough to meet the minimum requirements xD
Reply 5
Original post by Erasman
I am applying for MSc Applied Maths, being top 5% at my home university, but seemingly not enough to meet the minimum requirements xD

Which university?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by jneill
Which university?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I come from Aeronautics at Technical University of Madrid, and I am applying to Imperial (I am applying to Oxbridge too, but compared to the requirements my grade looks ridiculous).
Reply 7
Original post by Erasman
I come from Aeronautics at Technical University of Madrid, and I am applying to Imperial (I am applying to Oxbridge too, but compared to the requirements my grade looks ridiculous).

Imperial requires a BSc 2:1 or better (or equivalent). Have they actually said your predicted final grade is too low?

Oxbridge would probably be similar.

Postgrad courses are not actually as "fussy" about requirements as undergraduate courses.
Reply 8
Original post by jneill
Imperial requires a BSc 2:1 or better (or equivalent). Have they actually said your predicted final grade is too low?

Oxbridge would probably be similar.

Postgrad courses are not actually as "fussy" about requirements as undergraduate courses.

That is good to know... No they haven't yet, I am just guessing based on what I read from other people haha!

well I just hope to get the opportunity to defend myself at the interview :P

Thanks for the answer!
Reply 9
Original post by Erasman
That is good to know... No they haven't yet, I am just guessing based on what I read from other people haha!

well I just hope to get the opportunity to defend myself at the interview :P

Thanks for the answer!

Here's what they say about Spanish requirements:

Spain
To be considered for admission to a Master's e.g. MSc, MRes, MBA etc, applicants should hold a Licenciado, Licenciatura, Titulo de Ingenieria or Ingeniero Superior from a mainstream university awarded with an overall mark of 7+/10 or 2+/4 or better. Post-Bologna Candidates may be considered if they hold a 1st Cycle Bachelor's degree (180 ECTS credits) from a mainstream university with an overall mark of 7+/10 or 2+/4 or better. Applicants for research should hold a Licenciado or Ingenierio degree from a mainstream university awarded with 8+/10 or 2.5+/4 or better; applicants may also be considered provided they hold a 2nd cycle Master's degree awarded with 8+/10 or 2.5+/4 or better in addition to a 1st Cycle Bachelor's degree.

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/pg/apply/requirements/pgacademic/
Reply 10
Original post by Erasman

By the way, I have moved this discussion to a new thread - it wasn't relevant to the original thread :smile:
Hi, for those who have applied, how did you go about notarising documents required for enrolment? Did you go via the Spanish embassy in London, or an alternative Spanish institution?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending