Excruciating Tight white line after frenuloplasty Watch

Jammy10101
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi guys,

12 days ago now i had a Frenuloplasty where they cut the frenulum and stitched it back up. Not only has it left a small 'skin tag' like lump just below the opening of the head, and bigger skin tag at the surgical cut half way down the foreskin when rolled back, but now where the tight frenulum was, is now a very skinny white tight line which when the foreskin is pulled back is excruciating And tight, even more painful than before i had the op. Im not sure if this is scare tissue or a smaller frenulum which was underlying.
Does anyone have any knowledge on this or experienced the same.
Any remedy? Or is another frenuloplasty needed?
Cheers guys
unprinted
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What did they say would be the recovery time? In fact, what after care are you getting?
Jammy10101
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
the surgeon said it would take around 2 weeks to heal. And there was no after-care given annoyingly which I was not so happy about as you can imagine.

Its not so much the wound and stitches im concerned about, its the tiny tight white line where the frenulum originally was that's causing the sharp excruciating pain when the foreskin is rolled back.

I will be booking an appointment with my GP soon. Maybe there's creams or injections I can get to stretch, soften or get rid of this?

Cheers
unprinted
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ouch, on more than one level. Book that GP appointment.

Were you offered steroid cream earlier in the process as an attempt at a non-surgical solution to the issue? That's what that does.
Bargibanti1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
This is what happened to me. I had a frenuloplasty 18 months ago and still cannot have sex due to sharp pain where the frenuloplasty scar is. Did you have any success or recurring problems? I am becoming increasingly sesperate and a urologist couldn't help so if anyone has any idea please please forward them
Bargibanti1
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
This is what happened to me. I had a frenuloplasty 18 months ago and still cannot have sex due to sharp pain where the frenuloplasty scar is. Did you have any success or recurring problems? I am becoming increasingly sesperate and a urologist couldn't help so if anyone has any idea please please forward them
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I have exactly the same problem as this. The surgery was fine and it does not bend the erect penis as much. But I got a skin tag too and a white line and dot at the underside on the head. I don’t know if it’s gonna cause more issues when I next have sex? Any advice?
umeshmistry
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
i had frenuloplasty 2 months ago and i recently went to see my surgeon for some pain when rubbing softly to the are where stitches were it feels hard line almost 1 cm to the are where stitches were dr said its the scar it will be gone when it gets matured i asked for any medicine external internal both said u can use if u want to but non will work as it will go automatically and said around 3 4 months but when i read ur article i am also scared that if it doesnt go after that will my situation be same ? then may be i will have to go for scar removal surgery which again very scaring and again have to go through the whole healing process i will suggest u to go to ur surgeon only because he did ur surgery and he is a surgeon so go to him only if he suggest other treatments or doctors rather than scar removal then its better to try
Last edited by umeshmistry; 2 weeks ago
umeshmistry
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Bargibanti1)
(Original post by Bargibanti1)
i had frenuloplasty 2 months ago and i recently went to see my surgeon for some pain when rubbing softly to the are where stitches were it feels hard line almost 1 cm to the are where stitches were dr said its the scar it will be gone when it gets matured i asked for any medicine external internal both said u can use if u want to but non will work as it will go automatically and said around 3 4 months but when i read ur article i am also scared that if it doesnt go after that will my situation be same ? then may be i will have to go for scar removal surgery which again very scaring and again have to go through the whole healing process i will suggest u to go to ur surgeon only because he did ur surgery and he is a surgeon so go to him only if he suggest other treatments or doctors rather than scar removal then its better to try
umeshmistry
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
umeshmistry
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (266)
60.87%
Yes- I don't like it (21)
4.81%
No- I want it (117)
26.77%
No- I don't want it (33)
7.55%

Watched Threads