Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I need help deciding my last option on UCAS. So far I have Cambridge, Edinburgh, Manchester and UCL. I mostly care about how good the uni is and the main criteria is employability and salaries after graduation. Which one of Saint Andrews and Glasgow is better for that? Also, could you maybe recommend me a university that is even better than these two that I haven't mentioned already and that isn't Imperial or Oxford?

ReputationRep:
    Glasgow, because GHC. For things like employability, salaries, etc, look at the course pages on Unistats.

Maybe have a look at Birmingham as well, their CS course is pretty decent.

ReputationRep:
    Could you explain GHC? I'm from the US.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScottishFold)
    Could you explain GHC? I'm from the US.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Glasgow Haskell Compiler.

ReputationRep:
    Of course- thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't recommend going to St Andrews personally, many of my friends who've went don't like it due to its location. If that doesn't bother you then it's really up to you, your employability will be down to how much you take out of the degree.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.