Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Which should I buy?

The new MBP is horrendously overpriced and full of gimmicks.

But I love mac OS

ReputationRep:
    Neither, the Surface Pro is a tablet with a keyboard. The MBP is just expensive with no real benefits.

ReputationRep:
    What about the surface book?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willy Pete)
    Neither, the Surface Pro is a tablet with a keyboard. The MBP is just expensive with no real benefits.
    Not really, I use a surface pro 3 and the things a work horse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miser101)
    Not really, I use a surface pro 3 and the things a work horse
    But the simple issue is that the screen can't supports its self, it needs a stand. Its a tablet with a keyboard.

ReputationRep:
    But the simple issue is that the screen can't supports its self, it needs a stand. Its a tablet with a keyboard.
    That fact does not take away from it's capabilities, adds to it in fact but I guess I just have a different opinion on PC tablets. Depends on OP's view on owning a PC tablet

ReputationRep:
    So do you take issue with the fact that a PC setup is a computer with a keyboard, a mouse and a monitor?

A laptop is a screen with a keyboard attached?

Whats your point? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stirkee)
    So do you take issue with the fact that a PC setup is a computer with a keyboard, a mouse and a monitor?

A laptop is a screen with a keyboard attached?

Whats your point? :dontknow:
    My point is the Surface Pro is not a laptop since the screen hinges cannot support itself, thus is it a tablet with a keyboard.

I'm not sure why you have brought a desktop into the mix.

ReputationRep:
    MacOS is a bad reason to go for a MBP. If you desperately want something like MacOS get any machine and stick Linux on it. Make it feel like MacOS.

My genreal recommendation if you are willing to spend anything close to £1000 on a laptop is a Dell XPS 13. Thing is though your question is a little odd. Why are you comparing a Macbook Pro to a Surface Pro 4 tablet? The Macbook is (albeit overpriced) a high end laptop with a GPU and on top end models a 6700HQ while the tablet has no GPU and at best still runs a traditional laptop CPU (i7 6650U on the top end I believe). I guess they are fairly close devices but if a Surface would do what you need then you don't need a Macbook Pro.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.