Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Speaking to someone at school about how I'm feeling Watch

ReputationRep:
    Incase anyone wondered so they can relate I am a 17 year old girl who has been struggling for 4 years my parents and school know and I am getting the most help I can. I am in my first year of sixth form.
    I told my teacher about how I'm feeling, he has been my biology teacher for three years and we get along, he has not previously known. I told him because I felt like I was about to relapse and my school councillor was not in for the remainder of that term and I did not know who to talk to. When telling him he told me to see the doctor who have referred me to Camhs, it has taken a really long time for the referral to go through and I feel like I don't know who to talk to. My biology teacher sometimes holds me back at the end of the lesson to ask if I'm ok, but I just say yeah and leave. I feel like I can trust him but I don't want to say no and burst into tears. I feel like I need help, but I don't know where to get it?
    After coming back to school after Christmas, I feel like I have fallen back down, but my school councillor is back I don't know whether to speak to her, as she has been away for a long time, and has missed a lot like the referral to Camhs, I feel like she is going to be ashamed of me, or speak to my teacher who is easy to speak to but I don't want him to tell me to go and speak to the councillor as she is back now?
    I thought I should ask this on here as it's anonymous and it's easy for guidance.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger_123)
    Incase anyone wondered so they can relate I am a 17 year old girl who has been struggling for 4 years my parents and school know and I am getting the most help I can. I am in my first year of sixth form.
    I told my teacher about how I'm feeling, he has been my biology teacher for three years and we get along, he has not previously known. I told him because I felt like I was about to relapse and my school councillor was not in for the remainder of that term and I did not know who to talk to. When telling him he told me to see the doctor who have referred me to Camhs, it has taken a really long time for the referral to go through and I feel like I don't know who to talk to. My biology teacher sometimes holds me back at the end of the lesson to ask if I'm ok, but I just say yeah and leave. I feel like I can trust him but I don't want to say no and burst into tears. I feel like I need help, but I don't know where to get it?
    After coming back to school after Christmas, I feel like I have fallen back down, but my school councillor is back I don't know whether to speak to her, as she has been away for a long time, and has missed a lot like the referral to Camhs, I feel like she is going to be ashamed of me, or speak to my teacher who is easy to speak to but I don't want him to tell me to go and speak to the councillor as she is back now?
    I thought I should ask this on here as it's anonymous and it's easy for guidance.
    Hey Have you thought about printing out this post or writing something similar and showing it to him? That way you don't have to worry about what to say, but they can see exactly what's going on for you and think about how to help. I can understand not wanting to talk to the counsellor again, I would advise going back to your GP though and seeing where the CAMHS referral's at- these things can and do get lost occasionally and you don't want to have to go back to the top again! You can always ask your parents to come with you too, or a friend, I've done this before and it can really help. I promise they won't be ashamed of you though, they're there to help and AS levels are tough on anyone even without MH stuff and struggling in the first place. Good luck though, you can do it!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 4, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.