Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Trying to decide on a title for my Individual Project for my Welsh Bacc - basically the EPQ equivalent in Wales. Which topic would be easier to write a 5000 word essay on?? I want to be able to find information on the subject pretty easily too!
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    well, good question, i am currently doing my epq and straight away i see the trap you have fallen for. I understand your teachers ask you make sure your epq question is specific. however it is my strong advice that you word your epq question in a way that sounds specific however you can talk about a lot of different topics that relate. If you need help with that i can help.... if however, you desperately need a direct answer to ur question, dark matter is something that has been bought up recently and therefor have very limited information therefor going for the string theory would be much smarter.

ReputationRep:
    I did my epq on dark matter, but die to the need for a specific question my actual title was something along the lines of 'assuming the existence of dark matter as a WIMP, should we invest in cryogenic or crystaline detectors,' so I compared detectors such as LUX and XENON with some of the ones using germanium crystals etc. I also did some background on dark matter, e.g. the galaxy rotational speeds observed by Vera Rubin (who has just died btw) etc

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.