Report 6 months ago
Hi, A year on
WanderingRanger
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hello everybody

I was given a provisional offer with HMRC on October 12th. I sent my forms off on the 15th and was just wondering how long I should wait before getting a formal offer? I've emailed a few occasions and been told my pre employment checks are still on going. I'm thinking a January start date. Can anyone with more experience give me some indication of how much longer I have to wait before getting my formal offer?
Vexper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by WanderingRanger)
Hello everybody

I was given a provisional offer with HMRC on October 12th. I sent my forms off on the 15th and was just wondering how long I should wait before getting a formal offer? I've emailed a few occasions and been told my pre employment checks are still on going. I'm thinking a January start date. Can anyone with more experience give me some indication of how much longer I have to wait before getting my formal offer?
Likely an early 2019 start.
WanderingRanger
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
My current job finished in December so I could do with a January start. Is this likely?
OnceUponAStudent
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Even if you can start immediately, it would likely be a January start at this time, so yes.
clouise92
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi,I was given a provision job offer on the 30th october to which i accepted and sent off the online forms on the same day.I am still to hear anything off them what so ever regarding the application and after chasing them every couple of weeks all i get is that my checks are still ongoing.How long has everyone else been waiting to find out if they have the formal offer or not? Finding it very frustrating sat around waiting so long!
WanderingRanger
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am in the same boat. I sent off my on 15th and am still waiting. Fortunately I'm still in my old job but it is frustrating.
clouise92
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
luckily i am still in my old job too but was wanting to get out ASAP!
What location have you applied for?
Is there any other way to get in touch with them other than the email as i would much prefer to speak to someone over the phone.
courtandspark
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey. Recently took on a civil service job, just to give people an idea of the kinda timescales involved here's the timeline.

9 Sept: Vacancy closed
1 Oct: Interview
5 Oct: Provisional offer made.
6 Nov: DBS checks completed
20 Nov: Background checks satisfactorily completed, starting date arranged.
Ehty
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello everybody

I was given provisional offer with HMRC on the 12th as well , I sent the forms on the 15th of Oct, only last week I received the occupational health email and I did the online questionnaire screening the same day and got the fit to work confirmation very next day, yesterday I received dbs certificate in post I've emailed them to see I have to sent this to anyone but todat just now got an email that I don't need to as it's all clear. Finally things moving a bit so hopefully we going to get a formal date soon.
Ehty
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by courtandspark)
Hey. Recently took on a civil service job, just to give people an idea of the kinda timescales involved here's the timeline.

9 Sept: Vacancy closed
1 Oct: Interview
5 Oct: Provisional offer made.
6 Nov: DBS checks completed
20 Nov: Background checks satisfactorily completed, starting date arranged.
Congratulations when is your start date ? and the 6th of Nov is that when u received dbs or the date on the certificafe cos I received the certificate yesterday but the date on certificate is of 28th of Nov, also where did u apply for ? I applied for the Leeds branch
Last edited by Ehty; 1 month ago
WanderingRanger
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've had nothing at all since 12th October. Just been asked to allow more time.
Ehty
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've had nothing at all since 12th October. Just been asked to allow more time.
I'm sure you will hear something soon as my timeline is similar to yours , which branch did u apply ?
WanderingRanger
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Leeds. I interviewed in Bradford in late September/Early October
Ehty
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Leeds. I interviewed in Bradford in late September/Early October
Cool, my interview was on the 21st of September in Leeds and they made me provisional offer on the 12th of oct
clouise92
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ehty)
Cool, my interview was on the 21st of September in Leeds and they made me provisional offer on the 12th of oct
have you been given the formal offer yet? i also applied for Leeds ..
clouise92
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
so i have recieved an email this morning to give me a conditional job offer but they want me to provide proof of address again ...
did anyone else have to do this?
does this mean i should be given a start date ect after this has been done.
the whole process is soooooo drawn out!
Ehty
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by clouise92)
have you been given the formal offer yet? i also applied for Leeds ..
Not as of yet, though I have received DBS certificate yesterday in post , that's about it, when did u receive yours? I'm sure it's going to be soon now
clouise92
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ehty)
Not as of yet, though I have received DBS certificate yesterday in post , that's about it, when did u receive yours? I'm sure it's going to be soon now
i havent even recieved my DBS but i have moved address since filling in all the forms so im hoping they havent been sent to the wrong place :/
Iloveowls123
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What HRMC jobs and locations have people applied for? I interviewed and received an offer but on a reserve list basis, which I have NO IDEA what that means...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1618)
79.12%
Leave (427)
20.88%

Watched Threads