Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Large turnout for vigil of innocent muslim man murdered by police Watch

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't he a known drug dealer/criminal? At least that's what I've read some places. I don't know the full story and do think it would have been better to arrest him. We're not barbarians like the US where people and the police kill people left, right and centre.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cato the Elder)
    Bear in mind, this lunatic was supposed to have a gun in his car. Who knows what he was up to, or who he would have used the gun on, if he hadn't been stopped?
    And would there have been such a vigil for any police officers?

ReputationRep:
    I really, really despise guns and have a pretty much innate distrust of the police, but I'm not really losing much sleep over this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    The important thing is that our police have essentially murdered an innocent member of a minority
    That is a serious and potentially libellous allegation for which you, I am sure, will have cast iron supporting evidence.

While I await your presentation of that evidence, let me remind you that:

The dead chap, contrary to his father's protestations of his saintliness, had been tried for attempted murder, was (according to the reports) a well-known drug gang leader, and was involved in smuggling drugs into prisons via drones. He clearly also had a gun in his car. Are those signs of him being as innocent as you would have us believe?

It seems more likely to me that his death is a blessing on the whole community.

ReputationRep:
    As a muslim, I support the police for shooting him. More British police need to start growing a pair and getting filthy thugs and drug dealers like him permanently off the streets, whether they are black, Asian or white. It would send out a better message that drug dealing will not be tolerated instead of sticking them into a comfortable cell room with the latest PS4 games and phones.

He shouldn't really be labelled as Muslim, he might come from a Muslim background, but nothing he done was Islamic. There are pictures of him drinking and clubbing, and he was on dating apps despite having a wife and kid and I doubt he prayed his five times prayers and attended mosque regularly. Islam does not condone ruining people's lives by selling them crack. I'm not judging, but he didn't live by Muslim rules and beliefs so He shouldn't be called one

ReputationRep:
    You're a moron OP - a vile apologist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tempest II)
    Judging by how much scrutiny the UK's armed police are under (there's literally an investigation even if they draw their firearm, nevermind actually fire it) then I'd say it's more likely the officers used their professional judgement to resolve a dangerous situation than some kind of police brutality case.

If the drug dealer turns out to be unarmed & therefore he was unlawfully killed then I have faith that UK law will ensure the officer(s) involved are punished accordingly (as has been done previously)
    The officers involved did nothing wrong, why should they be treated as criminals for protecting the public and getting rid of this filthy rat. If anything, the officers should receive a medal and be praised

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ribbit1234)
    I'm not judging
    Yes you are, not all drug dealers are bad people you know.

ReputationRep:
    Clearly a case of racist, islamophobic, white supremacist police officers, conspiring to ambush and murder this random, innocent Muslim, who dindu nuffin and was a good boy going to volunteer at the local homeless shelter, and then planted a gun on him and claimed he was a drug dealer to frame him.

ReputationRep:
    this gentleman was on his way to give treats to the children at the orphanage when he was cut down by the oppressors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liberty cap)
    They ruin lives by selling people drugs, they're taking advantage of them and making money off them. How is does that make them good people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ribbit1234)
    They ruin lives by selling people drugs, they're taking advantage of them and making money off them. How is does that make them good people?
    Well for a start not all drug use ruins lives, some even improves lives, most dealers don't take advantage of people, they provide a product at a price people are willing to pay. Some drug dealers of course do take advantage of people though, they prey on the weak and mentally ill, letting them rack up debts then forcing them to pay them back by becoming drug dealers.

ReputationRep:
    Well for a start not all drug use ruins lives, some even improves lives, most dealers don't take advantage of people, they provide a product at a price people are willing to pay. Some drug dealers of course do take advantage of people though, they prey on the weak and mentally ill, letting them rack up debts then forcing them to pay them back by becoming drug dealers.
    Hmm. Any UK drug dealer with a gun or knife is pretty obviously a bad person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    Hmm. Any UK drug dealer with a gun or knife is pretty obviously a bad person.
    Probably, don't think that's restricted to drug dealers though. Not overly interested in this case was just picking up on Ribbit1234s hypocrisy.

ReputationRep:
    Not overly interested in this case
    Well, therein lies your mistake. This is a thread about that case, not about the saintliness of amateur drug dealers that sell cheap cannabis to pensioners who are in pain. The chap who was killed in this incident was a hard case dealer and money launderer with weapons, a history of using them and a father who is prepared to swear black is white.

ReputationRep:
    they are just helping underprivileged communities to enjoy life. i am astonished that none of them were rewarded in the recent New Year's Honours list.

smh

ReputationRep:
    I think the OP is a wind up.

It goes without saying, anyway, that no-one sensible is going to lose any sleep about the killing of a low life, scum drug dealer. You enter
    that kind of life for the fast cars an the women and the kicks, that is the risk you take. If it hadn't been the police it would have been a rival gang.

The TV coverage, especially the BBC nightly bulletin was predictably laughable. Like a similar case, that of Mark Duggan, we are never told that he is a drug dealing gang member, or even an "alleged" criminal, but instead he is described as a "father" and some kind of boy scout saint.

We are told "the community" is in shock. But there is no mention that he was from a Pakistani Muslim background. None at all. To point out that much of the West Yorkshire drugs trade is controlled by gangs of that ethnicity and culture is not comme il faut.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    Well, therein lies your mistake.
    Wasn't a mistake chap, why so uptight?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    they are just helping underprivileged communities to enjoy life. i am astonished that none of them were rewarded in the recent New Year's Honours list.

smh
    Indeed, outrageous that only the drug dealers to the rich and famous get rewarded.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations.

You win the prize from the most asinine post of 2017!

Well done.

But don't stop there, tells us how pimps are misunderstood, people traffickers get a bad press, and rapists love their parents...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 28, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.