Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Large turnout for vigil of innocent muslim man murdered by police Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by astutehirstute)
    Congratulations.

You win the prize from the most asinine post of 2017!

Well done.

But don't stop there, tells us how pimps are misunderstood, people traffickers get a bad press, and rapists love their parents...
    Christ whats with all the right wingers getting upset with me pointing out the no doubt religiously inspired hypocrisy spouted by a Muslim poster?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Dozens of people have attended a vigil at the spot where a man was shot dead in cold blood by police.

He was shot when police stopped a car near junction 24 of the M62 on Monday evening.

Traffic on the motorway slowed as about 100 people, including the dead man's parents, gathered near the site to lay flowers and light candles.
    Mohammed Yaqub, Yassar's father said he felt his son was "killed unlawfully".
    He said: "He hasn't got a bad past, because he's never been convicted of anything.

"He's never had a charge of him at all. We had a car business, by the way, so all sorts of cars come and go."

"I want answers, full answers, nothing but the truth.

"How can you kill someone like this, at a time like this, without giving him a chance to get out or anything? We're not in America, we're not in third-world countries.

"We'd like to be left to mourn."

Balloons were released into the night sky and the gathering was "very peaceful and respectful" said BBC reporter Ian White, who was at the scene.

On Tuesday evening, protesters carrying banners reading "stop the killings" brought traffic to a halt in Leeds Road, Bradford.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-38509806
    Why hold a vigil for a disgusting drug dealer and general criminal ? Its ridiculous Drug dealers are the lowest of the low and get no sympathy from me

The police wouldn't have shot an "innocent man" i heard he threatened the police with a firearm doesn't sound so innocent to me :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liberty cap)
    Yes you are, not all drug dealers are bad people you know.
    WHAT ARE YOU ACTUALLY INSANE

drug dealers are the lowest of the low mann

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a maniac. And I don't sympathise with criminals; I sympathise with the oppressed.
    Yep, this guy doesn't look like a criminal at all, I'm sure he's just oppressed:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...calm-protests/
    And police recovered a non-police issue firearm at the scene.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cato the Elder)
    "Innocent"

LMFAO, the guy was a literal drug dealer and hardened criminal. I'm glad he's dead and I wish there was a hell for him to go to. All the people holding vigils for this idiot deserve to be turned out of civilised society. All the people that feel sorry for him are psychopaths and do not deserve to be regarded as sensible individuals.

Only a far-left maniac like yourself, who automatically sympathises with criminals, especially if they are of a Muslim background, would post something like this.
    Muslims would be a far more powerful group if they introduced more stringent quality control measures.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im.a.witch)
    WHAT ARE YOU ACTUALLY INSANE

drug dealers are the lowest of the low mann
    The ones I know are on the whole pretty nice. :dontknow:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I'll judge his innocence when I read the IPCC report when it's published and find out more about what happened.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cato the Elder)
    Great guy. Read more about him.
    Are you currently unemployed or on minimum wage?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liberty cap)
    The ones I know are on the whole pretty nice. :dontknow:
    The ones i know are not and they make peoples lives hell feeding peoples addiction and turning the to desperate wrecks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im.a.witch)
    The ones i know are not and they make peoples lives hell feeding peoples addiction and turning the to desperate wrecks
    Yeah, plenty of publicans like that about.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't this how the London Riots started?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moonstruck16)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The only legitimate response to concerns about the police's use of lethal force when dealing with violent, armed criminals is to loot a pair of trainers.
    Or possibly a TV.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moonstruck16)
    It's Huddersfield. There'll be absolutely no way of telling whether or not a riot has hit.

ReputationRep:
    The police aren't trigger happy in the UK like they are in the States. The amount of selection and training they have to do is orders of magnitudes more than what they have to do to carry a gun in the USA and the amount of paperwork they have to do after discharging a firearm is enough to put them off firing a gun willy-nilly.

Facts:

- This was a planned operation, sounds like they did a TPAC on the vehicle (boxed in and forced it to pull over).
    - That would suggest there were plenty of officers involved to handle the operation. Usually they would smash the windows of the target vehicle and stop the suspects before they had any chance of legging it, if an officer had to discharge a firearm with that much backup then they probably had a reason.
    - They found a gun (with a silencer!) in the car.

Speculation:

- The police probably had information that the suspects might be carrying firearms.

Although I think it is surprising that none of the officers were wearing body cameras in this day and age. More and more of the police do wear them so it seems odd that they don't prioritise making armed officers wear them.

ReputationRep:
    I had a PSNI officier put their Hand on their gun And attempt to distract me before. I'm fairly massive And am very strong naturall, not to sound cheesy but Im certain They were waiting for me to do something. I don't think They are very good listeners either... a police officier is afraid should They really be doing their job? It sounds potentially They might be intimidated by his car (flash audi) And his look. If he has a reputation wether he is à dealer or not I would maybe expect to find a gun there but police officiers do have body armour And a vehicle. They went to the car window, could a wait es in the safe ty of their bullet proof vehicles. The police are playing into a schème will get protection but as far as having a supressed pistol under your feet still dorant mean its in your hand. Maybe he had more than that in him or there was some other reason? This is really interesting to me personally And a bit confusing. I hope It gets solved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    It's Huddersfield. There'll be absolutely no way of telling whether or not a riot has hit.
    😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a maniac. And I don't sympathise with criminals; I sympathise with the oppressed.

So oppressed.

ReputationRep:
    Because of The way some police officiers get In And How They enjoy power of constable So much that They expert power beyond their remit à lot have public retribution for their actions or death In many causes unfortunately It is just around The corner for a lot of them.

ReputationRep:
    That's a good question, I assumed he was because his father's name was Mohammed. Googled it, and I know the Sun is a piece of crap, they claim he described himself as Muslim (on a dating website - not a very good muslim). http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...police-9562914

We could argue all day whether or not he was a "true muslim", but is that really important? The important thing is that our police have essentially murdered an innocent member of a minority - without trial. The policeman responsible will probably only receive a half-hearted slap on the wrist.
    The policemen responsible should be awarded medals

(Original post by NativesofEurope)
    The policemen responsible should be awarded medals
    For committing genocide?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 28, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.