Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

boyfriend told his parents about me (both muslim) Watch

I know it's normal to most to tell the parents when you have a boyfriend or girlfriend, but as a muslim, it's a bit different as you probably already know because you aren't really meant to be dating.

I've been with my boyfriend for only about 2 months and he told me the other day that he has already told his mother and father about me as well as shown them some photos and they really like me. I was really flattered and surprised because I thought he'd hide it for ages until he wanted to marry me (I hide it too). He did say he was serious about me, we haven't had sex or anything and don't plan to until marriage but does this show he's even more serious? He was surprised I hadn't even told my mum, I reckon she'd be alright with it but it's a bit soon to tell them only 2 months in.

So what's your question ?

ReputationRep:
    You'll be dead in a week

ReputationRep:
    this has been:
    *drum roll*
    another pointless thread

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 5, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.