Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is 25 and 31 too big of an age gap, with the female being older? Or does it depend on how you act?

ReputationRep:
    Yup. Just depends on the people. Relationships like that aren't for everyone, but there's nothing wrong with them at all.

ReputationRep:
    You're both consenting adults at that age. As long as you're both happy and content in the relationship, you're fine.

ReputationRep:
    So many age-gap threads this week.... French rule (age of oldest party /2 +7 = lowest acceptable age of youngest party) suggests you're golden :top:

(Original post by CarysJSLewis)
    Yup. Just depends on the people. Relationships like that aren't for everyone, but there's nothing wrong with them at all.
    Well shes not very mature anyway she dresses like a teenager and always wears trainers. She has no heels, handbag or anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well shes not very mature anyway she dresses like a teenager and always wears trainers. She has no heels, handbag or anything.
    Didn't realise you had to wear heels and have a handbag when you hit 30, but alright. You should be fine anyway

(Original post by gsbs2)
    Are you seriously 25 and asking this to pre-university kids in the SR?
    Is no one at university on here are they all pre, didn't know I though all ages came on here. How do you know im 25 i could be 31 lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gsbs2)
    He's BETA

What else can he do

:giggle:

#foreverweak

Sorry guys, i think i am in a kids section, my bad, ignore the thread. Thanks for the replies though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gsbs2)
    Lol most of the people on here are at university

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I find men dating older women is quite strange. However, this isn't too too too too bad. The age gap for me would be 4, maximum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Is 25 and 31 too big of an age gap, with the female being older? Or does it depend on how you act?
    If they both make eachother happy, then it doesn't matter. They're both adults

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the people. past 18 you're both adults and if you're a match you're a match. Age doesn't matter nearly as much as people think.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously this is a workable age gap.
    If you are younger and she is older by 6 years and you are considering something long term there will be at least a few implications.

For one, her fertility is waning so she may want to have children and indeed if she does it may need to happen pretty soon whether she wears trainers or not.

Secondly, the fact is that due to hormonal changes and cultural expectations women tend to age in appearance faster through their 30's and 40's than men so this may end up exaggerating the appearance of an age gap. She may look 40 while you look 30. I'm not saying this is a problem just telling you it could happen.

There may be other considerations but it mostly seems you just want a little encouragement for trying something new and slightly out of the ordinary:

Go for it.

ReputationRep:
    Age gaps don't matter as long as both of you are adults and make each other happy. Anyone who even tries to use that "French rule" is an absolute idiot.

ReputationRep:
    if you're happy with it thats all that matters

ReputationRep:
    Age is perfectly fine on a relations level, HOWEVER phases in life can be an issue, typically, a woman at that age might be looking for things i.e family which you won't be ready for in say another 5 years which she could potentially find too late.

This is obviously circumstantial, can't speak for anyone or what they want, but the only thing that could be an issue age wise.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 5, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.