Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am struggling to pick where to study! It's between Sheffield and Brighton.. both offer great courses so I'm really undecided, any suggestions for nightlife, general student life?

Thanks!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekah0411)
    I am struggling to pick where to study! It's between Sheffield and Brighton.. both offer great courses so I'm really undecided, any suggestions for nightlife, general student life?

Thanks!
    We have to admit it's a difficult pick, Bekah! Both cities have a lot to give, but we can tell you a bit more about Sheffield and why we love it here.

Hannah and I came to Sheffield for uni and we haven't left. You get the best of both worlds in Sheffield as we're the UK's fifth largest city and is totally student-oriented with tons of restaurants, bars, cafes and cinemas. Yet in a 20-minute bus ride you can be in the middle of the Peak District, one of the most beautiful national parks in the country. Great for walking, cycling, climbing or settling into a cosy country pub.

People always say that Sheffielders are creative types and the city has busy underground scenes in art, music and culture. We have nearly 70 gig venues, a huge inner-city music festival, one of the UK's biggest community of artists and designers, and the biggest theatre complex outside London. There's no way of getting bored here.

Plus the cost of living in Sheffield is low compared to other cities. We have some of the best value accommodation in the country and in 2016 we were named the UK’s number 1 place for graduates to live, based on the cost of living and average starting salaries. So your money goes further in Sheffield. And everything's in walking distance too, which saves on transport costs.

We've got some of the best transport links to elsewhere in the country and although we're slap bang in the middle, it's easy to get out to the coast if you need some sea air (like I do, born and raised in Newcastle).

We hope that helps! If you have any more questions, or anything more specific about our time as students here, just ask

Thanks,
    Laura & Hannah
    (Official Hallam reps)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.