The Student Room Group
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

Stressed and needing help//advice

Hi
I'm currently starting uni in over a week and I haven't been in education since GCSEs. I logged on to my account took one look at my timetable and I'm so confused about it all. It makes zero sense to me.

Also, ever since having my daughter I've had major anxiety issues and panic attacks. I'm freaking out about even meeting people and talking let alone trying to get back in the swing of education.

I'm confused on the issue I got her a place at the Wolverhampton nursery but on what I can make of the timetable I'll be in Walsall as well at times. So I'm stuck on what to do there.

I'm at the point now I feel like quitting before I've even started. I feel a bit stupid enough without trying to work it all out.

Need some advice and help on the situation. Am I just overreacting? Or is it just best I don't go ?

Many thanks
Original post by Jordkr19956
Hi
I'm currently starting uni in over a week and I haven't been in education since GCSEs. I logged on to my account took one look at my timetable and I'm so confused about it all. It makes zero sense to me.

Also, ever since having my daughter I've had major anxiety issues and panic attacks. I'm freaking out about even meeting people and talking let alone trying to get back in the swing of education.

I'm confused on the issue I got her a place at the Wolverhampton nursery but on what I can make of the timetable I'll be in Walsall as well at times. So I'm stuck on what to do there.

I'm at the point now I feel like quitting before I've even started. I feel a bit stupid enough without trying to work it all out.

Need some advice and help on the situation. Am I just overreacting? Or is it just best I don't go ?

Many thanks

Hi,

I suffer with anxiety, always have really, at least since becoming an adult. My advise to you is fake it till you make it. No one will know you feel anxious, so be bright and cheerful and act like you do this everyday, you'd be surprised how helpful it is. Don't give up on your dreams
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
x

Contact the uni about the nursery placement
Reply 3
Hi

Many thanks

Contact someone at the Uni - they are extremely helpful and understanding. You should have a personal tutor soon, so they will be on hand whenever you need them. You are paying £9,000 for the privilege after all.

Don't panic as well - everyone is like that. The welcome week should offer tours, so take advantage of the week while you can. It will be fine. Just breathe and rememeber why you signed up for it in the first place. Good luck!
Yep 2nd contacting someone at uni...they will sort it out. I started in September as a mature student(36) with 3 kids and it's the best thing i've ever done... i too suffer with anxiety and depression at times but this has been amazing...also PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE TIMETABLE!!!

Mine was all over the shop for the first few weeks until the lecturers sorted it out- you will NEVER be scheduled to be in 2 places at once, some are not compulsory and many are for your seminar groups (once the class gets split, after lectures) and that's why there's so many different rooms and the same time. You will only need to be at one...they will explain all in the lecture.

People are approachable and lovely. What course are you studying? I'm doing English and i'm a module rep- i love it :-)

If you need a friendly face on campus, i'm more than happy to meet you for a coffee in the canteen in your first week...i'm back in tues/weds/thurs.

Take care and don't drop out before you give it a go, you won't regret it.
Reply 5
Original post by sonicshoegazer
Yep 2nd contacting someone at uni...they will sort it out. I started in September as a mature student(36) with 3 kids and it's the best thing i've ever done... i too suffer with anxiety and depression at times but this has been amazing...also PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE TIMETABLE!!!

Mine was all over the shop for the first few weeks until the lecturers sorted it out- you will NEVER be scheduled to be in 2 places at once, some are not compulsory and many are for your seminar groups (once the class gets split, after lectures) and that's why there's so many different rooms and the same time. You will only need to be at one...they will explain all in the lecture.

People are approachable and lovely. What course are you studying? I'm doing English and i'm a module rep- i love it :-)

If you need a friendly face on campus, i'm more than happy to meet you for a coffee in the canteen in your first week...i'm back in tues/weds/thurs.

Take care and don't drop out before you give it a go, you won't regret it.

I'm in Tuesday and Thursdays doing health and wellbeing. I've done my first week not as bad as I thought now I'm panicking about my degree and how to work around placement with my daughter as I'd need to pick her up from school.

Yeah sure I could always meet you one of the days. X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending