Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Urgent help important! I have to choose my a levels in 1 hour!!!?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    What shall i choose? I plan on going travelling after school for a couple of years then i plan on taking over my parents business. What a levels shall i choose?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gcsehelp718)
    What shall i choose? I plan on going travelling after school for a couple of years then i plan on taking over my parents business. What a levels shall i choose?
    Are you a troll? You've asked this is a million times!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleky6910)
    Are you a troll? You've asked this is a million times!!!!!!!!!!
    What shall I take?

ReputationRep:
    General studies, media and design

ReputationRep:
    What shall I take?
    We already told you!

ReputationRep:
    Don't take both Business AND economics. My school doesn't let us do both for a reason. Take one or the other , History and one more subject you enjoy and is facilitating.

No one can tell you what to take because we don't know you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknowntsr)
    Don't take both Business AND economics. My school doesn't let us do both for a reason. Take one or the other , History and one more subject you enjoy and is facilitating.

No one can tell you what to take because we don't know you.
    Why shouldn't I take business and economics? I want to go into business when I'm older, surely both subjects will give me a good start, right?

ReputationRep:
    If you choose something, and you end up changing your mind, when you officially enroll when you get your results, you might have to change around a few option anyway

ReputationRep:
    Why shouldn't I take business and economics? I want to go into business when I'm older, surely both subjects will give me a good start, right?
    Business and economics, whilst they aren't completely the same, have a sizeable overlap. If you want to go into business, take Business. If you want to go into finance, take Economics. It would be redundant to take both because Business is more suited to your future plans anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknowntsr)
    Business and economics, whilst they aren't completely the same, have a sizeable overlap. If you want to go into business, take Business. If you want to go into finance, take Economics. It would be redundant to take both because Business is more suited to your future plans anyway.
    ok and what are better private boarding schools or state schools?

ReputationRep:
    Depends where you live and what your parents can afford.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsAndCoffee)
    Depends where you live and what your parents can afford.
    But generally what is regarded at better, private boarding schools or state schools? Also, have you heard of Gordonstoun?

ReputationRep:
    Most people would say a private school. I go to a private school and so am biased because I’ve only experienced one type of education. Just out of curiosity, why are you asking?

ReputationRep:
    But generally what is regarded at better, private boarding schools or state schools? Also, have you heard of Gordonstoun?
    Gordonstoun is really good, Prince Charles was educated there I believe.

I went to a good comprehensive and I would say it was better than the local private school. I've met many people who went to a private school and there in the same position as I many so I feel you would be wasting your money.

Last year I received: AAABB for my SQA Higher exams.

If your looking for schools that far north, why not look at Cults Academy. The most successful state school for Higher results outside Edinburgh and Glasgow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsAndCoffee)
    Gordonstoun is really good, Prince Charles was educated there I believe.

I went to a good comprehensive and I would say it was better than the local private school. I've met many people who went to a private school and there in the same position as I many so I feel you would be wasting your money.

Last year I received: AAABB for my SQA Higher exams.

If your looking for schools that far north, why not look at Cults Academy. The most successful state school for Higher results outside Edinburgh and Glasgow.
    So would I be really lucky if I could go to Gordonstoun?

ReputationRep:
    So would I be really lucky if I could go to Gordonstoun?
    If your parents or sponsors are willing to pay for your tuition/boarding. Then you may as well go for it.

Fees:

Name:  IMG_1890.JPG
Views: 39
Size:  39.0 KB

Just take all the A-levels that exist so you don't have to choose
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    STEM or die.

ReputationRep:
    Maths will open up a lot of doors for you if you pick that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DedicatedWizard)
    Maths will open up a lot of doors for you if you pick that.
    what are better private boarding schools or state secondary schools?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.