Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Will being hit with a baseball bat in the balls cause permanent damage? Watch

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends started a YouTube channel a few weeks ago, and has been making nutshots videos.

Each video a different boy in our group gets a baseball bat to the balls - tomorrow it is my turn.

I don't mind being on YouTube - or the pain of getting smashed on the nuts with a baseball bat - but I don't know if it will cause me any permanent damage because it's so hard. If it will, I'm worried how my friends will react if I don't do it since they've all been hit.

So my question really is - can I do the video without my sack getting long term damage (I'll only be hit a few time tomorrow).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by no-one-at-all)
    One of my friends started a YouTube channel a few weeks ago, and has been making nutshots videos.

Each video a different boy in our group gets a baseball bat to the balls - tomorrow it is my turn.

I don't mind being on YouTube - or the pain of getting smashed on the nuts with a baseball bat - but I don't know if it will cause me any permanent damage because it's so hard. If it will, I'm worried how my friends will react if I don't do it since they've all been hit.

So my question really is - can I do the video without my sack getting long term damage (I'll only be hit a few time tomorrow).
    Bruh, if your friends were taking turns to jump off a bridge would you do it too?

It can sometimes but it's not likely.
    Assuming you're going to go with it anyway, if the pain lasts for like a hour or so, go to A&E

Live the moment. Having grandchildren isn't everything.

This post does not constitute legal advice.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Your balls are in your court. Literally...

It's not with the risk.

In the best case scenario, you won't live to regret it.

In the worst case scenario, you won't live to regret it.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear.

It even sounds painful.

What's the point?

ReputationRep:
    How many views do these things get

ReputationRep:

It's unlikely to cause permanent damage but it will hurt a lot.

Best option is to wear something protective down there under your pants and then sell it as if you're really hurt. If you do decide to do it straight up then take painkillers beforehand!
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    xxx
    It's fine. The bat will not be permanently damaged.

ReputationRep:
    My grandmother was often led (by claims that something would be OK because others were doing it) to ask If <insert name of friend> told you to put your head into the fire you wouldn't would you?

It seems the answer is, for many people these days, Yes, I would!

Still, at least in this case, the inadequate thinking skills are a bit less likely to be passed on to a future generation.genes than in sensible people.

ReputationRep:
    What's your friends channel called?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CarysJSLewis)
    How many views do these things get
    regretfully few, but you don't want 'em bruised for the showing.

ReputationRep:
    Wear some protective gear without them knowing so you don't seem like a wimp

ReputationRep:
    I don't see how people are saying "no"

If I took a baseball bat to one of yours legs im sure I could break it, That's permanent damage

likewise if someone took a baseball bat and hit your balls hard enough, your balls would never be the same again
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    I don't see how people are saying "no"

If I took a baseball bat to one of yours legs im sure I could break it, That's permanent damage

likewise if someone took a baseball bat and hit your balls hard enough, your balls would never be the same again
    Take a look at OPs threads. They're all about hitting or kicking balls, it's not a serious thread :lol:

ReputationRep:
    with luck the bat will only suffer slight damage... a little splintering perhaps. it should last for many years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Take a look at OPs threads. They're all about hitting or kicking balls, it's not a serious thread :lol:
    no, one of his threads was about his sister and livestock ?
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    with luck the bat will only suffer slight damage... a little splintering perhaps. it should last for many years
    Too late™

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    It's fine. The bat will not be permanently damaged.
    hehehe

well played Sir !!

:congrats:
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    no, one of his threads was about his sister and livestock ?
    It's not there anymore so it never happened :ninja:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.