Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Could this wipe out humanity in 100 days? Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: How long would you last in the Zombie apocalypse?
    The first week
    30.82%
    1-2 months
    12.54%
    3-5 months
    4.66%
    6 -9 moths
    2.51%
    9 months to a year
    3.94%
    I would beat the Zombie a apocalypse
    45.52%

• Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nunchuck-master-2334)
    Fair point.
    :penguinhug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)
    :penguinhug:
    Penguins and humans unite against the enemy (not Donald Trump yet. Zombies first)

ReputationRep:
    Penguins and humans unite against the enemy (not Donald Trump yet. Zombies first)
    Zombie Donald Trump!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)
    Zombie Donald Trump!
    Even better!
    Direct the Zombies to Donald Trump, then I'll knock his block off.

ReputationRep:
    Even better!
    Direct the Zombies to Donald Trump, then I'll knock his block off.
    Yes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)
    Yes!
    Look out, Trumpy boy, I'm coming for you!

ReputationRep:
    Look out, Trumpy boy, I'm coming for you!
    We gonna penguin you up!

ReputationRep:
    I think surviving the apocalypse is possible but I guess it would depend on rationality and where you live like would America be ideal because they have guns? But I assume people would eventually kill each other. :mob:

Think a lot of people will die stupidly like running away from a horde and tripping over and then get absolutely rekt.

Would actually be a great scenario to kill your mortal enemy too as law would go out the window. :bl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilverWater)
    I think surviving the apocalypse is possible but I guess it would depend on rationality and where you live like would America be ideal because they have guns? But I assume people would eventually kill each other. :mob:

Think a lot of people will die stupidly like running away from a horde and tripping over and then get absolutely rekt.

Would actually be a great scenario to kill your mortal enemy too as law would go out the window. :bl:
    The Whispering Gallery of St Paul's Cathedral, London could be defended easily by one person!

ReputationRep:
    Would be quite funny if Bear Grylls was the first person to get infected.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)
    Here is my zombie smashing team:

Leader: Kyx
    Nunchuck-master-2334
    CheeseIsVeg
    Matrix123

Never venture outside the base on your own. Always take at least one person with you. Aim for the head if you have to fight a zombie. If you have been in physical contact with a zombie, inform a member of the team straight away. If a member of the team informs you that they have been in physical contact with a zombie, kill them.
    okay
    (Original post by Tootles)
    The zombie apocalypse has been and gone already.
    I meant to say about a week ago that I saw a production of peter pan and tootles was the best
    He killed the Wendy bird :cry:
    Erm that is all... have a nice day

ReputationRep:
    I'd live on a speedboat in the middle of the ocean and survive on fish and any crops I can grow. I'd have a little Island which i'd map in a lot of detail, it would have a border defence, three walls and a large hill, the zombies would move up, i'd move down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tempest II)
    It depends how fast the zombies move - if they're like the ones in the Walking Dead, Shaun of the Dead & the book version of World War Z then I'd fancy humanity's chances as well as my own.
    If they move as fast as the ones in the film version of World War Z or the infected in 28 Days/Weeks Later then we'd all be pretty screwed.

Assuming they're relatively slow moving (because surely dead & decaying flesh can't actually move all that quickly) & can't climb then it wouldn't take an awful lot of countermeasures to neutralise their effectiveness. Ideas like houses raised up in the trees or build on stilts with some kind of rope ladder which can be retracted would protect you for example.
    The hardest parts in my opinion would be surviving the initial outbreak (where they'd probably be cover ups & disbelief followed by total chaos & anarchy); then it'd be generally trying to survive while scavenging (where you are in the world & what resources you have around you could either make this quite straightforward or very difficult); the biggest threat might actually be other survivors though as people would probably kill each other for supplies & groups would attempt to wipe each other out.
    (Original post by UWS)
    How I plan on surviving.

PRSOM to both of you!

Banana

ReputationRep:
    I'll be the next Clementine.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Nunchucks are faster and can cause more damage.
    Broken 45 bones with 'em (not mine)
    Broken my nose and dislocated my jaw with them as well. That was 6 years ago.
    Did you appear in the Nat Geo TV show 'Science of Stupid'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tempest II)
    It depends how fast the zombies move - if they're like the ones in the Walking Dead, Shaun of the Dead & the book version of World War Z then I'd fancy humanity's chances as well as my own.
    If they move as fast as the ones in the film version of World War Z or the infected in 28 Days/Weeks Later then we'd all be pretty screwed.

Assuming they're relatively slow moving (because surely dead & decaying flesh can't actually move all that quickly) & can't climb then it wouldn't take an awful lot of countermeasures to neutralise their effectiveness. Ideas like houses raised up in the trees or build on stilts with some kind of rope ladder which can be retracted would protect you for example.
    The hardest parts in my opinion would be surviving the initial outbreak (where they'd probably be cover ups & disbelief followed by total chaos & anarchy); then it'd be generally trying to survive while scavenging (where you are in the world & what resources you have around you could either make this quite straightforward or very difficult); the biggest threat might actually be other survivors though as people would probably kill each other for supplies & groups would attempt to wipe each other out.
    I reckon if you got a group of survivors together and formed a Vikings style shield wall then you could deal with any type of Zombie. If you were wearing motorbike or riot gear they'd have a hard time infecting you.

ReputationRep:
    If you stay in the city there's a much higher risk of being attacked because of the vast population. The thing is no area is really safe. You'd need a safe house that's atleast well protected like a secret bunker in lost. Prepping is a big thing in america and i think it makes sense to have that option available then not have it and need it .

But in times of trouble and chaos it's other people you have to be weary about. Same as how my dad goes on about driving it's other people you have to watch out for. Don't think you're friendly neighbor wouldn't think twice about stabbing you in the back to get what he needed even if you've been chummy for years.Trust no one unless you can form a real solid group as protectors like on attack on titan. You don't really know how people act until it's too late.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdukazam)
    I'd have a little Island which i'd map in a lot of detail, it would have a border defence, three walls and a large hill, the zombies would move up, i'd move down.
    Why not four walls?

ReputationRep:
    I think America will be safe when it does happen because Donald Trump would have built a great wall spanning the whole of America.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny Dorito)
    You can read more on the story here
    it is a clever satire on Brexit

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.