Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Could this wipe out humanity in 100 days? Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: How long would you last in the Zombie apocalypse?
    The first week
    30.82%
    1-2 months
    12.54%
    3-5 months
    4.66%
    6 -9 moths
    2.51%
    9 months to a year
    3.94%
    I would beat the Zombie a apocalypse
    45.52%

ReputationRep:
    lol I'd be killed almost immediately, I have little to no practical skills and would be **** scared.
    Then again if it happened while I'm at home that's good as it's quite isolated and unlikely to get any zombie action for a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rydah)
    Did you appear in the Nat Geo TV show 'Science of Stupid'?
    No

ReputationRep:
    no idea, i'll be in the pub sipping on a cold beer waiting for the whole thing to blow over

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    lol I'd be killed almost immediately, I have little to no practical skills and would be sh*t scared.
    Then again if it happened while I'm at home that's good as it's quite isolated and unlikely to get any zombie action for a while.
    You'll face a larger wave of activities though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nerry)
    no idea, i'll be in the pub sipping on a cold beer waiting for the whole thing to blow over

Then a bunch of zombies come in and you offer to buy them a round?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nunchuck-master-2334)
    Then a bunch of zombies come in and you offer to buy them a round?
    of course not, then i play a weird game of zombie snooker with them to the Queen soundtrack

ReputationRep:
    Well im doing it based on if the zombies are like those on the walking dead. So they are slow and can't climb.

If thats the case wouldnt the majority last over 2 weeks. This is because the first week or two you probably wouldn't notice it and could just stay at home. High chance the shops are open for the first week.

ReputationRep:
    If zombies could indeed exist, then Ill just wait inside for a week. Illnesses (all of the most realistic zombie theories are based on illness like infections) burn much more energy than a healthy human would. By the fact that energy cant come from nowhere for them to leg it about, they would all starve or lay inert on the ground within two weeks.

I usually have a week or two food able to be eaten without heating at mine, so I would be fine. Failing that, like if my place was compromised or the infection was airborne, I would get my gasmask and run into the wilderness. I have an advantage of being able to survive in the wilderness

Oh and I have a gasmask because I used to work with chemicals. In case people wonder lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nerry)

Now THAT sounds like a slice of fried gold!

ReputationRep:
    The scene in Mile End this morning.
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/att...1&d=1483631196

Currently hiding in a cupboard and down to my last fruit pastille and bottle of Nice 'n Cool Orange.

Anyone, are you still there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    The scene in Mile End this morning.
    and indeed any morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambio wechsel)
    and indeed any morning.
    I didn't like to say. :nah:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I'd die in the first hour, I'd complain about my shoes, slip and give in.

ReputationRep:
    Slow period for researchers then? There was no point whatsoever in this, it's ridiculous that we're funding academics to write about such nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Len Goodman)
    Slow period for researchers then? There was no point whatsoever in this, it's ridiculous that we're funding academics to write about such nonsense.
    It's the kind of thing departments do so that they can issue an amusing press release and via that, hopefully draw attention to their more serious work. I haven't checked into them, but presumably they are epidemiologists studying the spread of pandemics and the like and it was neat for them to apply the tools to a zombie plague.

I don't see the harm really, why shouldn't science be funny sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    Can roadmen class as zombies?

ReputationRep:
    I think the Zombie Apocalypse began on June 23rd 2018.

ReputationRep:
    I've watched Zombieland... I will deffo be one of the first to die loool
    But I like to think that I'd survive. It would be like the London riots init so I'll just break into IKEA or a huge Sainsbury's and loot it, probably make it my home.

Hopefully it'll start in like America or something and since we're on an Island the zombies have no way of getting here

ReputationRep:
    My reason of death will be a self inflicted mistake rather than lack of plan or operational weakness. I would live on a yacht, stock it with food every month from a coastal shop and every hour or so shoot my gun for attention, light up fireworks in deep water, they will keep coming and drowning, and also leave a firework at the coast in case anyone saw my firework and wanted to respond.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    I don't see the harm really, why shouldn't science be funny sometimes.
    :yep:

Comedy was a major part of the discovery of the Higgs Boson.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.