Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Could this wipe out humanity in 100 days? watch

• View Poll Results: How long would you last in the Zombie apocalypse?
    The first week
    30.71%
    1-2 months
    12.50%
    3-5 months
    4.64%
    6 -9 moths
    2.50%
    9 months to a year
    3.93%
    I would beat the Zombie a apocalypse
    45.71%

• Political Ambassador

Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Waiser)
    My reason of death will be a self inflicted mistake rather than lack of plan or operational weakness. I would live on a yacht, stock it with food every month from a coastal shop and every hour or so shoot my gun for attention, light up fireworks in deep water, they will keep coming and drowning, and also leave a firework at the coast in case anyone saw my firework and wanted to respond.
    ...tragic. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    ...tragic. :rofl:
    honestly, such thing will never get to that extent, a random country will just nuke the entire place...

ReputationRep:
    What would you do if professional scientists told the world that there would be a Zombie invasion in approximately 5 months? And 50% of the population would surely die. Where would you go and who would you be with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny Dorito)
    A team at Leicester University have warned that mankind would last 100 days if a Zombie apocalypse was to happen.

This was concluded under the assumption that Zombies are able to find one person a day, with a 90% success rate of infection. This would make a Zombie outbreak more infectious than the Black Death!

You can read more on the story here

How long would you last in the Zombie apocalypse?

Question: Are we talking walking dead type situation where everyone that dies becomes a zombie or are we talking just bitten by zombie = zombie,

Because surely without the walking dead situation we'd just have to hold out until the flesh decomposes and they're functionally useless... :3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SonoLuma)
    Now THAT sounds like a slice of fried gold!
    Yeah boiiii

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tempest II)

If you can get hold of a suit like this then it'd take a large amount zombies or overwhelm you. You wouldn't be totally impervious to them as there are some weak points but armed with the right weaponry & a team wearing similar kit then you'd be very difficult to bite.
    The thought of wearing a suit like that = :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    I probably wouldn't even realise there's a Zombie Apocalypse until the wifi goes out and I have to leave my room to fix it.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Nunchuck-master-2334)
    You sound skilled with a bow and arrow.
    Snipe them!
    Yeah, but they've got me on sheer numbers - there's only one me and lie 7 billion of them

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Yeah, but they've got me on sheer numbers - there's only one me and lie 7 billion of them

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Kyx might let you join our team if you aren't already a part of it!
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Kyx might let you join our team if you aren't already a part of it!
    It's cool, I already has a plan

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's cool, I already has a plan

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Oh?
    Aye, I posted it somewhere in this thread

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You see, they apply maths and science to things; but when instincts are involved they go out the window; so personally I'd guess humanity on earth would last nearer 200. As for those in the ISS, I don't know.

Myself, I'd salvage the remains of military ammo - find a specific female (and a couple of my mates) get us all to the JPL labs. We'd hold out there and botch together a rocket capable of traveling to the moon and attempt to get there, and survival ideas on the moon are currently based around the film The Martian.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's your plan?
    To go to the moon and wait for the whole thing to blow over, while the friends and family you didn't take are attacked and destroyed by zombies?
    That's a stupid plan!
    Go in guns blazing, man!
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    That's your plan?
    To go to the moon and wait for the whole thing to blow over, while the friends and family you didn't take are attacked and destroyed by zombies?
    That's a stupid plan!
    Go in guns blazing, man!
    Good point, should be somewhere with some atmosphere left so we can develop technology better.

But yeah, I don't have too many friends so it's easy enough

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Don't universities have better things to be doing, like things that actually help mankind?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tempest II)
    Attachment 608580

If you can get hold of a suit like this then it'd take a large amount zombies or overwhelm you. You wouldn't be totally impervious to them as there are some weak points but armed with the right weaponry & a team wearing similar kit then you'd be very difficult to bite.
    But wat if they spread it via some weird liquid or something ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    It's the kind of thing departments do so that they can issue an amusing press release and via that, hopefully draw attention to their more serious work. I haven't checked into them, but presumably they are epidemiologists studying the spread of pandemics and the like and it was neat for them to apply the tools to a zombie plague.

I don't see the harm really, why shouldn't science be funny sometimes.
    Well ok, but I think it's a bit irresponsible of them to spend all this time on something completely fictitious when there are real diseases affecting real people that they can work on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King_786)
    What would you do if professional scientists told the world that there would be a Zombie invasion in approximately 5 months? And 50% of the population would surely die. Where would you go and who would you be with?
    I'd build a underground house far away from the city. Then I'd buy a life time supply of food.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    I'd build a underground house far away from the city. Then I'd buy a life time supply of food.
    A youtuber scientist has done that. He built a underground shelter which is bomb resistant. It's mad. I think his youtuber name is ColinFurze or something like that if you wanna have a look.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.