Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Infidelity - doing the right thing? HELP Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I went out with a girl from work just and we both got really drunk. I was in the toilets with her and we kissed, I don't remember if more happened (I only remember snippets of the night) I am not using being drunk as an excuse, I genuinely don't remember what happened but I know that we definitely kissed and this is bad.

Just to clarify, I am not a lesbian and neither is the girl. I am curious but I know that I want to be with a man. I know it was wrong to explore my curiosity whilst in a relationship and I wish it had never happened. I am worried the girl is going to tell people and my boyfriend will find out... I haven't spoken to the girl about it but we have had a chat like normal, I was just too shy to bring it up. To be honest I don't even know how much she would tell people or if she is a gossip... I just don't know what the right thing to do is, I'm guessing most people are going to say to tell the truth but it's not that easy.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

(Original post by Ellie333)
      Hi everyone,

I am female and I have been with my boyfriend for around 7-8 months. Unfortunately he moved away a few months ago and now we are having a long distance relationship... It hasn't been easy and I have been doubting us.

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I went out with a girl from work just and we both got ridiculously drunk. I was in the toilets with her and we kissed, I don't remember if more happened (I only remember snippets of the night) I had to be taken home eventually. I am not using being drunk as an excuse, I genuinely don't remember what happened but I know that we definitely kissed and this is bad.

Just to clarify, I am not a lesbian and neither is the girl. I am curious but I know that I want to be with a man. I know it was wrong to explore my curiosity whilst in a relationship and I wish it had never happened. I am worried the girl is going to tell people and my boyfriend will find out... I haven't spoken to the girl about it but we have had a chat like normal, I was just too shy to bring it up. To be honest I don't even know how much she would tell people or if she is a gossip... I just don't know what the right thing to do is, I'm guessing most people are going to say to tell the truth but it's not that easy.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
      I'm pretty sure we've all kissed same-sex friends when drunk.

As far as punishing yourself for things you've done, this is probably a slapped wrist and a single missed dessert.

ReputationRep:
      Well yeah, you should tell him. A kiss is still a kiss, doesn't matter what the gender is. If you really have that much faith in your relationship, it should be fine.
      It's better to tell him now, so he doesn't hear from someone else down the line.
      I would also recommend being smarter when you drink. Could have been nasty if you'd actually got with a guy

ReputationRep:
      Tell him, if he finds out later or from someone else it will be much worse.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 5, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.