Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is he being distant or am I overthinking? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemons1990)
    You just need to keep yourself distracted, and busy. Are there any tv shows you can binge watch? Go out with friends for lunch?
    I have been keeping myself busy and seeing people which helps. I think I just need to give him some space.

ReputationRep:
    He was just in it for the Netflix.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StarGirl17)
    I know he probably would! He lives with his mum an hour away so it's not like I can say I was just in the area lol
    True , I didn't mean to make you seem clingy and if I did I apologise , for saying that if you didn't want to seem clingy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ria25)
    True , I didn't mean to make you seem clingy and if I did I apologise , for saying that if you didn't want to seem clingy
    No no, you didn't! I guess I'm just missing him and overthinking everything. He hasn't been on any social media at all so I'm guessing something's up with him and hopefully he'll tell me soon.

ReputationRep:
    No no, you didn't! I guess I'm just missing him and overthinking everything. He hasn't been on any social media at all so I'm guessing something's up with him and hopefully he'll tell me soon.
    Hopefully everything will be okay happy 😊
    And awww thank you 😊

ReputationRep:
    I met a guy at the start of December and we were talking every night on the phone and we then met up for a date the next weekend. He ended up staying at mine for a few days and even met my mum and brother in that time. He then came down the day before Christmas eve to visit. After this his mum invited me for Boxing Day dinner with the family which was lovely and we all got on great. From Boxing Day until Monday past, we were with each other everyday and things were great. We are officially in a relationship (on Facebook too), have said I love you (he said it first), met each other's families, have them on Facebook and I'm so happy and he said he is too. He started acting distant on Monday before I left. He was meant to be coming down to mine for a few days but then he said he had work so he couldn't. He's also had an extremely sore back and ear for the last week too so I can understand his mood not being great. He text me on Tuesday afternoon to say he has been drifting in and out of sleep because of the painkillers and he hopes I'm well and he loves me. That's the last I've heard from him. He hasn't been as active on Facebook as much either. I've sent two whatsapp messages and a snapchat and neither have even been read. I had to change my number and I text him to tell him and then I text him to ask how he was. I also tried to ring him last night because he was using my Netflix and I couldn't watch anything while he was. I don't know why he's being like this and I know I'm probably overthinking but I just wanted someone else's opinion. I think I'm worried that history is repeating itself because my ex started ignoring me and we got distant and broke up. He was a complete arse though, not like this one.
    I will be honest i think you both moved too fast you met at the beginning of December, met each others parents already, said i love you after a few weeks im not surprised if things are fizzling out.
    Just give him space you messaged him and he hasnt replied just wait till he does no need to be needy or clingy as that will drive him further away.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 6, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.