Turn on thread page Beta

What's with buttoning your top button without a tie? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    There is a new craze - well new where I am at least - buttoning your top button without a tie. It is mostly just boys. It seems kinda weird to me, but everyone is doing it. They button all the way on polo shirts for sport - and button right up to the top button after school causally on dress shirts.

I've tried it and I look fine, it's a tad uncomfortable - but nothing I can't handle.

I find it so stupid - they unbutton their top buttons with a tie - then button it without one - but that's beside the point.

I want to know what the hell is with it - if you do it - if people around you do it - and if you think I should do it (I'm a tall, somewhat thin, yet well built, white, blonde boy - I'm 13)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by no-one-at-all)
    There is a new craze - well new where I am at least - buttoning your top button without a tie. It is mostly just boys. It seems kinda weird to me, but everyone is doing it. They button all the way on polo shirts for sport - and button right up to the top button after school causally on dress shirts.

I've tried it and I look fine, it's a tad uncomfortable - but nothing I can't handle.

I find it so stupid - they unbutton their top buttons with a tie - then button it without one - but that's beside the point.

I want to know what the hell is with it - if you do it - if people around you do it - and if you think I should do it (I'm a tall, somewhat thin, yet well built, white, blonde boy - I'm 13)
    It looks daft. There is only two acceptable ways to wear a dress shirt ... either without a tie and the collar button undone, or buttoned up all the way to the top with a tie on!

ReputationRep:
    Doesnt make a difference I wear casual shirts sometimes and I close all buttons

(Original post by no-one-at-all)

Sounds nice

I can imagine it

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.