Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey I really need advice here...

I feel like there is not enough time in a day to do what I want in life and is it possible to actually do the list of things I want everyday while not killing my mind in over working??

Basically I have a full time job at a family business that in reality I don't enjoy as my passion lies in my other things. It's at a car repair business but I know for a fact that if I stick at the business the money will be great. It's my only source of income now and it will be great for my future. Pretty much no argument there.

When I finish work, I produce music, I love it, I love making music and learning and achieving my dreams of making my own beats to sell online and have my YouTube account full of cool music and videos.

I love photography and I'm learning photoshop, learning Premiere Pro, and After Effects by Adobe.

I also have a daughter which I am mentioning to give an idea how my time is consumed in my life.

I want to ideally learn my music, designing graphics and creating videos on YouTube as my passion.

I also want to be healthy and fit, so I try go to gym 3 or 4 times a week working around my job too.

I feel like in order to get a lot more success in music I'd have to spend a lot more hours into it, but my main job which it's 8am to 5pm every day tires me out big style.

Am I over thinking this or have lack of time management or is this too much?

I want to work full time, 8 hours a day.
    Study music production.
    Study Adobe (graphics for my online persona and videos for my YouTube.)
    Create videos.
    Gym
    Be there for my family
    Have time for relaxation
    Etc..

I just want to know how I can help my time management skills and what do other people do in simular situations?

Thank you so much. It's eating my life away.

ReputationRep:
    Get up about 6am and go to the gym for an hour before work. Then when you come home spend a couple of hours each day doing your graphics or video stuff, have some food and then play some music at night before bed.

It's doable if you rotate activities on different days - obviously you won't have much time for relaxation in between, that's the compromise. Any time you're sitting around watching TV or doing nothing specific you're taking time away from developing the things you want to do.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.