Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    National Youth Theatre auditions and interviews are just around the corner now and I wanted to get to know some people who are going or have been before. I personally am interviewing for the stage management course (12th Feb) so any tips on that would be wonderful! Like do you need a proper portfolio to show and what should I expect from the course itself? Everyone is free to ask questions on this thread and I'll help out where I can. Good Luck and maybe I'll see you in London!! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    How did your interview go? I hope it went well if you don't mind, would you be be okay to tell me a little bit about the interview? I've got one for stage management on the 25th of March and I'm really nervous because I have absolutely no idea what to expect! What sort of questions do they ask you? Did you take a portfolio in the end? Thank you so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzigrace)
    How did your interview go? I hope it went well if you don't mind, would you be be okay to tell me a little bit about the interview? I've got one for stage management on the 25th of March and I'm really nervous because I have absolutely no idea what to expect! What sort of questions do they ask you? Did you take a portfolio in the end? Thank you so much
    Hiya,

It went well thanks! It was a pretty chilled day in the end, the workshop was interesting and you spend a lot of time chatting so I can already tell I'll be making loads of new friends if I do get in. We played drama games and team exersizes which was fun, and then we had the interview in the afternoon. The interview was very quick, which has made me feel a little uneasy about if I'll get in because I didn't end up saying half of what I wanted to.

I did take my portfolio, but they do tell you to choose only one or two shows from your portfolio to show because of time restraints which was disappointing because I had worked really hard on my portfolio... So i skimmed over it all anyway only going into detail on one haha.

They ask you the classic "Talk about how you work in a team" and then general questions about how you see the course benefiting you and what are your goals.

Don't be nervous!!!!!!! It's such a chill day, you'll have loads of fun.

Let me know how you got on!!!x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeleStar2.0)
    Hiya,

It went well thanks! It was a pretty chilled day in the end, the workshop was interesting and you spend a lot of time chatting so I can already tell I'll be making loads of new friends if I do get in. We played drama games and team exersizes which was fun, and then we had the interview in the afternoon. The interview was very quick, which has made me feel a little uneasy about if I'll get in because I didn't end up saying half of what I wanted to.

I did take my portfolio, but they do tell you to choose only one or two shows from your portfolio to show because of time restraints which was disappointing because I had worked really hard on my portfolio... So i skimmed over it all anyway only going into detail on one haha.

They ask you the classic "Talk about how you work in a team" and then general questions about how you see the course benefiting you and what are your goals.

Don't be nervous!!!!!!! It's such a chill day, you'll have loads of fun.

Let me know how you got on!!!x
    Thank you for your reply I'm glad it went well and I hope you get in.

What did you include in your portfolio? I've looked online for ideas but I honestly can't find much. What did you say about the shows you chose to talk about?

Also, did you get any confirmation email about your audition before it? I've only had an email about my order, but no official confirmation or any information about the day.

Sorry for the excess questions, I just want to be as prepared as possible!!! Thank you so much. If all goes well, I should be seeing you in London in summer!x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Marketing,Sales ad PR Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.