(Original post by TheGreatPumpkin)
    Is your name Arab/traditional Muslim?
    Nope, Persian

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Nope, Persian
    Is she Muslim?

Is she Muslim?
    Yes she is, and practicing too. I don't know how I'll explain that I'm an ex-Muslim after marriage.

ReputationRep:
    Yes she is, and practicing too. I don't know how I'll explain that I'm an ex-Muslim after marriage.
    Wow. How can you hide such a thing from her? That's just abusing her trust.

(Original post by sameehaiqbal)
    Wow. How can you hide such a thing from her? That's just abusing her trust.
    How? She most likely has to assume he's not a Muslim.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the person, some will have sex some wont. But I know girls who want something long term ie marriage, therefore if they meet a guy they will tell him marriage intentions initially, to try and make it better than a proper relationship. Sometimes its also hard for person if they dont get any marriage proposals (Rishtay). They genuinely want a decent marriage but will have to resourt to dating.

ReputationRep:
    tell her you're an ex muslim before you marry her

How? She most likely has to assume he's not a Muslim.
    What if she has assumed that he is a Muslim? Even if that's not the case, it's still an important part of his life... Obviously he's hiding it from her because his girlfriend would only marry a Muslim, because she is Muslim. I don't see why else someone would hide such a big thing from their partner.

ReputationRep:
    I thought dating and having sex before marriage was haram?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kravence)
    It is

(Original post by Kravence)
    Yes it is haha

What if she has assumed that he is a Muslim? Even if that's not the case, it's still an important part of his life... Obviously he's hiding it from her because his girlfriend would only marry a Muslim, because she is Muslim. I don't see why else someone would hide such a big thing from their partner.
    She's not my girlfriend, and never has been. She's my fiancee. We got engaged after I asked her when I worked with her in university. I've never done anything physical with her and don't intend to until after marriage.

ReputationRep:
    She's not my girlfriend, and never has been. She's my fiancee. We got engaged after I asked her when I worked with her in university. I've never done anything physical with her and don't intend to until after marriage.
    So she thinks you're a Muslim then?

Why would she? Unless he pretended to pray once I don't see how???

Tell her you're ex-muslim or break off the engagement without telling her about this if you need to hide yourself. Hidings things like you're doing is going to wreck her life, especially seeing she is practicing. You're literally messing about with a girl's life here and it's disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is haha
    It is
    I'm now questioning the faith of the Muslims here who have openly admitted to committing this sin lol :holmes:

He mentioned on page 1 she doesn't know he's ex-muslim.

Yes she does. I plan to come out some time after marriage, maybe years after marriage. I'm just concerned what she'll think about my drinking in bars(I won't do it at home).

ReputationRep:
    Why would she? Unless he pretended to pray once I don't see how???
    You don't see how? Are you for real? I would NEVER want to marry someone who hid that they are an ex Muslim and not a Muslim anymore. His fiancee CLEARLY thinks he is a Muslim, most Muslim girls wouldn't marry someone who isn't a Muslim because it is haram. It is such a disgusting thing he is about to do to her, and in my opinion, he doesn't love her at all.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 7, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.