Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am surprised to not see a topic like this anywhere on this forum, so I thought I'll make one.

I have an unconditional offer from Bangor university and of course I am looking for accommodation suitable for me. The thing is that I would like to move in with my boyfriend, who will not be a student.

My question: How difficult does that make things? I know I can't move into the uni halls anymore but what about the uni's trusted landlords? Would I have to rent completely privately and is this possible around Bangor?

Thank you for help in advance x

ReputationRep:
    Why would It not be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anfanny)
    Why would It not be?
    I'm not sure if landlords that are linked with the uni would allow a non-student to live there too. I mean, I don't really know that's why I'm asking haha

ReputationRep:
    A landlord may have requirements but there is specifically accomodation for couples. Landlords Don't really discriminate for anyone as far as I'm aware.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bee03)
    Hi,

I am surprised to not see a topic like this anywhere on this forum, so I thought I'll make one.

I have an unconditional offer from Bangor university and of course I am looking for accommodation suitable for me. The thing is that I would like to move in with my boyfriend, who will not be a student.

My question: How difficult does that make things? I know I can't move into the uni halls anymore but what about the uni's trusted landlords? Would I have to rent completely privately and is this possible around Bangor?

Thank you for help in advance x
    Hi Bee03,

Have a look at the link below our Student housing office will be able to help you, there are contact details on the page, just send them and email. They are always happy to help.

https://www.bangor.ac.uk/studentserv...g/index.php.en

Thanks

Sera (Bangor Official Rep)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.