Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi, I am in second year of uni and want to interrupt my studies due to illness. I wondered if I would still receive any payments this year as I will be unable to pay rent and am in a fixed contract. Also, does anyone know if there are is any other financial aid for those taking time off uni?
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    HI, if you are suspending your studies your unviersity will confirm the date to ourselves and we will reassess you for the time you were there. You would therefore not be eligble for any further payments for the year.

    We can however advise that if you have suspended your studies due to health reasons, you can be awarded up to 60 days extra funding. In order to automatically award 60 days additional support a student must have suspended due to illness, your HEP must notify us of this in the suspension, the support will then be put in place. If the HEP do not notify us in the suspension you can send us medical evidence to support this suspension. The evidence will then be reviewed in order to see if the extra funding can be put in place.


University open days

  • Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.