Looking for UCL postgraduate accommodation MAX £130 p/w...any suggestions?

Watch
GregSheen
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Starting Sep 2017 as postgraduate at UCL and am not sure what most people do for accommodation. If anyone has any ideas about good private halls/house share opportunities/good websites/etc I would really appreciate it! My budget is around £130 per week and I dont mind a 20-25 minute train. Thanks
Trinculo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by GregSheen)
Starting Sep 2017 as postgraduate at UCL and am not sure what most people do for accommodation. If anyone has any ideas about good private halls/house share opportunities/good websites/etc I would really appreciate it! My budget is around £130 per week and I dont mind a 20-25 minute train. Thanks
There are halls in Muswell Hill called "Chester House", they definitely used to be around £130. They're probably a bit more now, but that does include meals. It's not walkable to UCL, but the 134 bus goes actual door-to-door

Otherwise, join one of the many UCL accomodation facebook pages - look for a non corporate one with lots of student members. People will advertise all the time. Alternatively, there should be a facebook page for your MSc course for this year, and possibly even one for the year you'll be joining. People often post flat/room shares.
GregSheen
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Trinculo)
There are halls in Muswell Hill called "Chester House", they definitely used to be around £130. They're probably a bit more now, but that does include meals. It's not walkable to UCL, but the 134 bus goes actual door-to-door

Otherwise, join one of the many UCL accomodation facebook pages - look for a non corporate one with lots of student members. People will advertise all the time. Alternatively, there should be a facebook page for your MSc course for this year, and possibly even one for the year you'll be joining. People often post flat/room shares.
Ive looked up chester house and a twin is now 141 per week which is pretty good considering it includes meals, and i'll have a look at the various fb pages, thanks for the info!
Trinculo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by GregSheen)
Ive looked up chester house and a twin is now 141 per week which is pretty good considering it includes meals, and i'll have a look at the various fb pages, thanks for the info!
Get in there quick, there's a lot of people wanting to live there. because of the prices.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.5%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (35)
14.58%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (43)
17.92%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
14.17%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
26.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.58%

Watched Threads