Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Starting Sep 2017 as postgraduate at UCL and am not sure what most people do for accommodation. If anyone has any ideas about good private halls/house share opportunities/good websites/etc I would really appreciate it! My budget is around £130 per week and I dont mind a 20-25 minute train. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GregSheen)
    Starting Sep 2017 as postgraduate at UCL and am not sure what most people do for accommodation. If anyone has any ideas about good private halls/house share opportunities/good websites/etc I would really appreciate it! My budget is around £130 per week and I dont mind a 20-25 minute train. Thanks
    There are halls in Muswell Hill called "Chester House", they definitely used to be around £130. They're probably a bit more now, but that does include meals. It's not walkable to UCL, but the 134 bus goes actual door-to-door

Otherwise, join one of the many UCL accomodation facebook pages - look for a non corporate one with lots of student members. People will advertise all the time. Alternatively, there should be a facebook page for your MSc course for this year, and possibly even one for the year you'll be joining. People often post flat/room shares.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trinculo)
    There are halls in Muswell Hill called "Chester House", they definitely used to be around £130. They're probably a bit more now, but that does include meals. It's not walkable to UCL, but the 134 bus goes actual door-to-door

Otherwise, join one of the many UCL accomodation facebook pages - look for a non corporate one with lots of student members. People will advertise all the time. Alternatively, there should be a facebook page for your MSc course for this year, and possibly even one for the year you'll be joining. People often post flat/room shares.
    Ive looked up chester house and a twin is now 141 per week which is pretty good considering it includes meals, and i'll have a look at the various fb pages, thanks for the info!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GregSheen)
    Ive looked up chester house and a twin is now 141 per week which is pretty good considering it includes meals, and i'll have a look at the various fb pages, thanks for the info!
    Get in there quick, there's a lot of people wanting to live there. because of the prices.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 5, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.