Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Changing from revigdon to microgynon Watch

ReputationRep:
    I recently just swapped from revigdon to microgynon, I started to take microgynon after my 7 day break, could I get pregnant if I had sex on the second day of taking the microgynon?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines...evonorgestrel/

All info on Microgynon is here. All I can say is double up on protection. The pill is not 100% effective.

ReputationRep:
    but are revigdon the same as microgynon? as i had unprotected sex yesterday and my boyfriend didnt pull out

ReputationRep:
    They are both combined pills. I suggest you go and get the morning after pill. It's the only way to be sure you're not at risk
    Edit: When starting a new type of pill, you should skip the seven day break, so I don't think you were protected

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neckdeep123)
    I recently just swapped from revigdon to microgynon, I started to take microgynon after my 7 day break, could I get pregnant if I had sex on the second day of taking the microgynon?
    Rigevidon and migrogynon contain exactly the same ingredients and are interchangeable, so providing you have taken all the tablets at a suitable time, you are protected

ReputationRep:
    I take microgynon and it advises a week after taking the first pill you can have unprotected sex

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GANFYD)
    Rigevidon and migrogynon contain exactly the same ingredients and are interchangeable, so providing you have taken all the tablets at a suitable time, you are protected
    If you read the information that comes with both brands, it advises you start taking the new brand directly after you've finished the old one. Always follow the instructions you're given with a prescription.

ReputationRep:
    since ive started taking microgynon ive been taking the at the same time since tuesday
    just worried as ive tried to find things online but cant find anything from changing from rigevidon to microgynon
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CarysJSLewis)
    If you read the information that comes with both brands, it advises you start taking the new brand directly after you've finished the old one. Always follow the instructions you're given with a prescription.
    Those instructions refer to if you are switching to a brand with different hormones in a pill to what you used to take, as they are the exact same thing as each other it wont have been necessary to follow that rule i think.

but are revigdon the same as microgynon? as i had unprotected sex yesterday and my boyfriend didnt pull out
    They have the exact same hormones, pop into the pharmacy you got your prescription from and i m sure they can reassure you there isnt anything to worry about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Those instructions refer to if you are switching to a brand with different hormones in a pill to what you used to take, as they are the exact same thing as each other it wont have been necessary to follow that rule i think.

They have the exact same hormones, pop into the pharmacy you got your prescription from and i m sure they can reassure you there isnt anything to worry about
    Surely it'd just be better to follow the instructions regardless?

ReputationRep:

so i'm protected then?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CarysJSLewis)
    Surely it'd just be better to follow the instructions regardless?
    As it's the exact same thing, the instruction isn't referring to this situation really.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    so i'm protected then?
    theoretically, but give a pharmacy a call tommorow and explain the situation and i m sure they'll be able to reassure you

ReputationRep:
    ive emailed the doctor from where i got my pills from i might go to the pharmacy near me and ask them, i just thought becuase they are the same and becuase doctors are giving people Rigevidon instead of microgynon i thought i would be protected

theoretically, but give a pharmacy a call tommorow and explain the situation and i m sure they'll be able to reassure you
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    ive emailed the doctor from where i got my pills from i might go to the pharmacy near me and ask them, i just thought becuase they are the same and becuase doctors are giving people Rigevidon instead of microgynon i thought i would be protected
    it is the same thing, if you compare the two patient information leaflets if might help you feel reassured but a pharmacist would give you a straight quick reassuring answer since you're clearly concerned.

ReputationRep:
    so i'm protected then?
    Yes, you are protected. They are the same drug, just with a different name, in different packaging

EDIT: I am a GP, so can reassure you about this

ReputationRep:
    it is the same thing, if you compare the two patient information leaflets if might help you feel reassured but a pharmacist would give you a straight quick reassuring answer since you're clearly concerned.
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you are protected. They are the same drug, just with a different name, in different packaging

EDIT: I am a GP, so can reassure you about this
    thank you i dont know why i was getting myself so worked up i thought it was the same thing just different name and packaging as i researched it before changing

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 5, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.