Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who do you think will get relegated from the Premier League Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tmd12345)
    Hull, Sunderland and Swansea/WBA
    West Brom are doing good??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Thing is they've only got 8 home games left and that includes Chelsea, Tottenham and United. Feb/March looks like it'll decide their season:

Watford (A) Chelsea (H) Hull (A) Swansea (A) Liverpool (A) Sunderland (A) Spurs (H)

If they lose all the away games to their relegation rivals and don't pick up anything from those home games that's going to be incredibly hard for them to recover from. I hope they stay up but they're definitely in the mix.
    Yeah those away games will be make or break for them. There's always one team who has a strong run of form in the last 10 or so games of the season, maybe it'll be them. Definitely interesting though, only Hull imo have no chance of staying up.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    What a difference a month makes. Swansea & Hull now look like football teams again and even Sunderland are getting points. There's 6, arguably 7 teams now in a relegation scrap and it's almost impossible to call.

Incredibly Leicester look most likely at the moment. That would be a bigger story than last season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    What a difference a month makes. Swansea & Hull now look like football teams again and even Sunderland are getting points. There's 6, arguably 7 teams now in a relegation scrap and it's almost impossible to call.

Incredibly Leicester look most likely at the moment. That would be a bigger story than last season.
    Palace look abject at the moment. Boro have been treading water for a while now, can see them getting sucked in soon.
    • TSR Support Team

Thoughts on Leicester?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Thoughts on Leicester?
    Seems like everyone around them is improving. I am starting to wonder whether last season was a fluke with Vardy and Mahrez peaking. Unless those 2 find a bit of form I can see them going down.

ReputationRep:
    Thoughts on Leicester?
    Their next 3 games are against Swansea, Liverpool and Hull, so two six-pointers right there.

If Leicester win neither of those games then they're probably doomed. The teams below them have all won more recently than Leicester, who have only got one win in ten.

Their defence is leaky whereas last season it was rock solid, Vardy can't seem to find any form and teams just need to stop Mahrez from playing to cut out 90% of Leicester's creativity.

They look nailed on for relegation unless something drastic happens. Mind you 2 seasons ago their turnaround was pretty drastic.

ReputationRep:
    Going to go with Palace, Sunderland and either Leicester or Boro.

Seen Hull a bit recently against United and they look very competent under Marco Silva, I think they'll stay up.

ReputationRep:
    Thoughts on Leicester?
    Apart from the season just gone, which was extraordinary, where they are at the moment in the league is where you'd expect them to be normally. Two seasons ago they accumulated the same number of points to what they have now.
    • TSR Support Team

Not mention some are even calling for Ranieri's head.

ReputationRep:
    I think it looks like 3 from 6 now. 14th and up have a nice little cushion, would take a catastrophic run from any of those guys to be relegated.

It's impossible to call but I still feel as though Sunderland and Palace will get out of it, and Leicester have proven over the last couple of seasons that they have the character to dig out results when it really matters. So, impossible to call, but I'm gonna try. Hull, Swansea and Boro for me.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClockEnderAFC)
    Palace look abject at the moment. Boro have been treading water for a while now, can see them getting sucked in soon.
    Palace play Liverpool, City and United all away in the last 5 games of the season. Ouch.

Can't help but think that Sunderland v Swansea and Palace v Hull on matchday 37 is going to be judgement day for the relegation scrap.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sunderland always survive. Just like arsenal always get 4th

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I quite enjoy Sunderland's great escapes every season so I hope they manage to stay up again. Also think Swansea are better to watch than the likes of Boro and have too many good players and now a competent manager so hope they manage to stay as well.

Palace, Boro and Leicester can go for me (Leicester might as well grab the headlines two seasons in a row).
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Leicester are actually going down aren't they, ****ing hell

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    LOL at Leicester they are going to get relegated this season :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Leicester are actually going down aren't they, ****ing hell

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yup! i bet they will sack Ranieri too LOL

It's mad because they have a decent squad

ReputationRep:
    Fair play to Swansea for reviving themselves. Olson and Carroll where such good signings for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trapking)
    LOL at Leicester they are going to get relegated this season :rofl:
    With the way the teams are currently playing, I reckon Hull will save themselves, with Leicester or Middlesborough finishing 18th.

Palace have the quality in their side but just can't seem to win a game, and Sunderland are way too reliant on Defoe.

Leicester are playing Liverpool next so at least that's 3 points for them there

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    With the way the teams are currently playing, I reckon Hull will save themselves, with Leicester or Middlesborough finishing 18th.

Palace have the quality in their side but just can't seem to win a game, and Sunderland are way too reliant on Defoe.

Leicester are playing Liverpool next so at least that's 3 points for them there

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What I LOVE about this season is just how tight it is both in the top 6 and bottom 6.

I can see Leicester, Palace and Sunderland getting relegated.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.