Turn on thread page Beta

Who do you think will get relegated from the Premier League watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    With the way the teams are currently playing, I reckon Hull will save themselves, with Leicester or Middlesborough finishing 18th.

Palace have the quality in their side but just can't seem to win a game, and Sunderland are way too reliant on Defoe.

Leicester are playing Liverpool next so at least that's 3 points for them there

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think Middlesbrough will stay up, with Leicester to go down. Middlesbrough actually look like a solid defensive unit, it's the fact that they can't score goals which is the problem. But I am sure come the time they will nick a few.

ReputationRep:
    Leicester to get relegated & win the CL.

Next season be in the CL and the championship.

Just for the lols
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Leicester to get relegated & win the CL.

Next season be in the CL and the championship.

Just for the lols
    Just like Harchester United under Don Barker.

I really hope someone gets the reference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Just like Harchester United under Don Barker.

I really hope someone gets the reference.
    Didn't Stuart Naismith match fix against leicester as well, :moon: it's a sign
    As long as we still end up in the champions league the season after, it be fine.

Can't see it ending for Claudio as it did for Barker though.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by samiz20891)
    Didn't Stuart Naismith match fix against leicester as well, :moon: it's a sign
    As long as we still end up in the champions league the season after, it be fine.

Can't see it ending for Claudio as it did for Barker though.
    Hahaha yeh it was Leicester wasn't it :lol:

Although Barker was sacked in March after losing the dressing room despite retaining the support of the owner... will Ranieri suffer the same fate? (Albeit for a different reason)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Hahaha yeh it was Leicester wasn't it :lol:

Although Barker was sacked in March after losing the dressing room despite retaining the support of the owner... will Ranieri suffer the same fate? (Albeit for a different reason)
    I think he has clearly lost the dressing room, but I wonder whether some of the players have clauses they have to be played as he rarely ever rotates the team and it is clear a few of the players have lost their legs.

As long as Ranieri doesn't come back in a coach at the players like Barker did it is all good. Can imagine him thinking about it though as they clearly aren't listening to him.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Well Sunderland are back to square one after that brutal beating off Southampton.

ReputationRep:
    Sunderland, Palace and Leicester. Think these 3 teams are classic premier league teams but they've gotten complacent and could do with a spell in the Championship to give them a kick up the bum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seagull36)
    Sunderland, Palace and Leicester. Think these 3 teams are classic premier league teams but they've gotten complacent and could do with a spell in the Championship to give them a kick up the bum.

It's impossible to predict the three teams because any combination will be unlikely.
    But I've just bet on these three at 12-1.bet 365- might be a bigger price elsewhere

Not expecting it to happen of course but I think that Hull have a better than 50 % chance of staying up looking at their fixtures . Maybe even a 60 % chance.

I think Palace are in big trouble if they fail to beat Middlesbrough as they have tough remaining fixtures.

Leicester desperately need a bit of luck ,anything really. I'm just hoping it doesn't come for a while yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moggis)
    It's impossible to predict the three teams because any combination will be unlikely.
    But I've just bet on these three at 12-1.bet 365- might be a bigger price elsewhere

Not expecting it to happen of course but I think that Hull have a better than 50 % chance of staying up looking at their fixtures . Maybe even a 60 % chance.

I think Palace are in big trouble if they fail to beat Middlesbrough as they have tough remaining fixtures.

Leicester desperately need a bit of luck ,anything really. I'm just hoping it doesn't come for a while yet.
    I think you're right about Hull. Palace definitely looks to be in trouble, but you just never know what Big Sam is capable of when it comes to relegation battles...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seagull36)
    I think you're right about Hull. Palace definitely looks to be in trouble, but you just never know what Big Sam is capable of when it comes to relegation battles...
    Yes. In fact I always find Palace to be a very hard team to predict. You just never know when they will pull a great result out of the bag. (With other teams I feel you do get an inkling.)

By the way I read yesterday that Hull apparently have a few injuries which isn't good with their small squad and if they fail to beat Burnley then that tips the balance yet again.

I don't know how long these players will be out for though.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Middlesborough look absolutely ****ed, they just can't score a goal and they have to play Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester City in their last 6 games.

ReputationRep:
    Whole bottom 3 look ****ed now tbh. 16th and up have a decent cushion and Palace have started getting results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scriggy)
    Whole bottom 3 look ****ed now tbh. 16th and up have a decent cushion and Palace have started getting results.
    All those teams look like they will get 38+ which means it's a big ask for the others.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Well Hull have certainly made things interesting.

West Ham are right in it now. Surely they can't go down?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Well Hull have certainly made things interesting.

West Ham are right in it now. Surely they can't go down?
    We have Swansea, Sunderland, Everton and Stoke this month, with Spurs, Liverpool and Burnley (at Turf Moor) in May. If we can't get to the magical 40 points from the next four games, we don't really deserve to be in the division. I'm certain we'll beat Sunderland and Stoke though, so we should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Boro are absolutely going down.

ReputationRep:
    Since people don't like my posts I won't quote anyone but I'm not going to stop picking people up on things which are wrong.

Not every single thing as it would take too long,just the ones I happen to spot . Sorry.

If West Ham get relegated the most likely reason will be because of sheer bad luck.

Thus its absurd to say that if they don't get x points or beat the likes of teams a ,b and c they don't deserve to be in the Premiership.

Well you can say it if you're just making conversation ,but it's likely to be wrong.

As for Middlesbrough, well I'm very happy to agree but then they are 1-20 to be relegated.

Actually I'm pleasantly surprised to see you can still get 7-2 on them being bottom since anything can happen in the Boro v Sunderland game of course . Also apart from Burnley this weekend -which is still tricky-they really have a tough run in to deal with afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    What?

If we go down it will be because we've conceded to many goals. We have already shipped in 57 goals, which is six more than the entirety of last season with seven games left to go. The only time we looked half decent was during a two month spell in the Winter. If we don't get more than 40 points, we can't complain about going down. Given that the main reason we missed out on the top four last season was because of us getting consistently hard done by in referees, I can say that luck isn't a factor here.

If the threat of relegation doesn't spur the team to beat trash sides, then what business does the team have being in the league.

As an aside, in the run-ups. I would probably say that Sunderland have a slightly harder run-up than Middlesbrough despite facing "easier" teams. Being at home to Burnley, they should fully expect to win which would already put them six ahead of Sunderland. It's not as though Sunderland have been flying either with 1 win in 13.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    West Ham simply have to beat Swansea on Saturday. No win in 8 games with tough fixtures to come & fan unrest would be an extremely hard position to recover from.

I don't think they'll go down but it's ridiculous they're in this position.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.