The Student Room Group

Who do you think will get relegated from the Premier League

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sr90
West Ham simply have to beat Swansea on Saturday. No win in 8 games with tough fixtures to come & fan unrest would be an extremely hard position to recover from.

I don't think they'll go down but it's ridiculous they're in this position.

I wouldn't be unhappy with a draw and then an easy win against Sunderland. With that we'd be on 37 points with a more winnable fixture against Stoke.
Original post by Diego Costa
I wouldn't be unhappy with a draw and then an easy win against Sunderland. With that we'd be on 37 points with a more winnable fixture against Stoke.

Stoke are on the beach already, it's a great time to be playing them.

Even Arsenal might finally win at Mordor this year.
With a win at Sunderland, there's no way we go down. Pretty certain it's going to be between Swansea, Hull and Palace for the final spot, with the former going down.
Looks like Sunderland and Middlesborough are going down.

Hard to tell who will finish 18th.
Original post by Zerforax
Looks like Sunderland and Middlesborough are going down.

Hard to tell who will finish 18th.

I reckon it'll either be Hull or Swansea, depending on how the next couple games go.
Will be a shame to see Swansea or Hull go down after the good work Clement and Silva have done with 2 teams that looked doomed.
Hull have a run-in more susceptible to staying up than Swansea. Latter will regret dropped points and they faded a while back. For the work Marco Silva has done, he deserves to keep his team up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's hard to see Swansea getting much from Man United & Everton whereas Hull have what should be an easy 3 points at home to Sunderland. Not out of the question they could get something away at Southampton either, as Saints have been on holiday since they lost the cup final.

You can easily see a scenario where Swansea are 4-5pts adrift with 2 games to play. That would be very hard to overturn regardless of fixtures.

Burnley are slipping dangerously close but due to their goal difference 1 more win should be enough.
Disappointed to see Hull go, if only for Marco Silva. In reality though if you lose to Sunderland at home when so much is at stake, you deserve to go down. Very reminiscent of their relegation 2 seasons ago when they lost to Burnley at home in the final 2 or 3 games, when a win would have given them a great chance.

Shout out to the first reply on this thread, who nailed the 3 teams back at the start of January.
(edited 6 years ago)
There can't be many complaints for the three teams who have gone down - Hull had a promising resurgence under Silva but the game when they were favourites to win, they had the worst day for a blip. Swansea, after a promising start with Clement, went on a poor run so credit to him for turning it around just in time to survive but I feel they'll be involved in another relegation battle next season with potential outgoings of Gylfi, maybe Llorente.
Original post by scriggy
Shout out to the first reply on this thread, who nailed the 3 teams back at the start of January.

#nailedit. Cheers mate. :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest