The Student Room Group

Old flame has contacted me after a year HELP

I'm *****ing myself! Me and an old flame stopped talking 1 year ago. We were really close but it became toxic and one day we literally just stopped talking. Said person unfollowed me on everything and I stopped using twitter so I haven't posted in a year and they literally know nothing about me anymore or anything I completely disappeared from their life.

Why have I been contacted out of the blue? I was not prepared to ever talk again and now I'm so confused.
Reply 1
I don't know what to do. I can't reconnect with this person and don't have anything to say at all but I also can't just not open the message and blatantly ignore them. **** my life
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I don't know what to do. I can't reconnect with this person and don't have anything to say at all but I also can't just not open the message and blatantly ignore them. **** my life

Why not?

Your two options are either reply or don't reply.
Reply 3
Original post by UWS
Why not?

Your two options are either reply or don't reply.

I don't want to reply because I don't want to get sucked in and reconnect because I'll just get ****ed over all over again

And I just don't want them to know I'm here for them to just randomly contact after a year. I could be dead for all they know. But I'm living life without them and now back in my messages. Ugh.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I don't want to reply because I don't want to get sucked in and reconnect because I'll just get ****ed over all over again

And I just don't want them to know I'm here for them to just randomly contact after a year. I could be dead for all they know. But I'm living life without them and now back in my messages. Ugh.

And why does it bother you if they think you're dead? You clearly don't want to reply to them, so don't reply to them.

You are overthinking this way too much... Delete the message, block and move on.
Reply 5
Original post by UWS
And why does it bother you if they think you're dead? You clearly don't want to reply to them, so don't reply to them.

You are overthinking this way too much... Delete the message, block and move on.

I'm at a really vulnerable point I literally talk to no one ever and this was my favourite person in the world and now they're giving me attention and never forgot about me idk idk idk
Reply 6
We caught up but ugh
We're 2 different people now
I don't know if they expect to start talking again or if it was just one Conversation

Quick Reply

Latest