Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Studying Television and Broadcasting, will I have to do in front of camera work? Watch

ReputationRep:
    The aspects of television/film that interest me is the production, filming and post production aspect. If I were to do some form of media degree, is it likely that i'd have to do some in front of camera work despite having zero interest in presenting?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jored1990)
    The aspects of television/film that interest me is the production, filming and post production aspect. If I were to do some form of media degree, is it likely that i'd have to do some in front of camera work despite having zero interest in presenting?
    It will depend on the degree. Most film/film production/film making courses wouldn't use students as presenters. A TV production/media course might require some element of presenting but it will depend on the course and the requirements of your particular work. If you're in a small group with a task to produce something that requires presenting and noone else is able/suitable then you may have to get involved with presenting.

Unless you apply for a journalism type degree (or a degree with a high journalism content) then it's not likely to be a significant part of the course.

It should be clear looking at course content on university websites what roles you'll be required/able to take on as part of the course.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.