Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Feel like this guy is messaging me far too much for someone who has a girlfriends it Watch

This guy that used to like me but I didn't like him (we kissed a bit but that's it) is still talking to me and we are friends, but we message pretty much constantly all day on three different messaging apps at the same time but he has a very close to be girlfriend.
    I don't think it's right that he talk to me this much, I'd be furious if I had a boyfriend messaging a girl all day even if they're just friends.
    He doesn't think it's bad how much we talk but I don't think it's appropriate tbh, anyone agree with me?

ReputationRep:
    Just take an hour to reply to each text

So you think it's inappropriate of him too?

ReputationRep:
    he's bored of his gf.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you should cut down on the amount you contact him?

ReputationRep:
    If you think it's inappropriate don't reply reply to his messages or keep it short and on ONE APP only, don't fuel the fire any further

ReputationRep:
    If you think it's inappropriate, you don't have to reply straight away or at all.
    Also, if you choose to reply, stick to one app.
    To kill the convo (i do this without realising or when I've nothing to say) give one word reply.

ReputationRep:
    Plaaayyyaaaaa

ReputationRep:
    wow, 3 apps is a bit too much

ReputationRep:
    I think you should delete his details job done. Or better still tell him to stop contacting you then delete details

Yeah I just don't think any girlfriend would be comfortable with their boyfriend messaging another girl so much, in a relationship surely you don't need/want to talk to another girl that much. I'll stop talking, I feel bad for his girlfriend

ReputationRep:
    I think you and him need to get a life. Move on and forget him.

ReputationRep:
    Then stop messaging him.

ReputationRep:
    Ask him questions about his girlfriend and see how he talks about her. If he doesn't seem very interested in her, then he clearly has more interest in you and therefore wishes he was dating you instead. If this is the case, be up-front about it (i.e. How come you're messaging me so much?) or just give him blunt replies/ stop replying at all.

ReputationRep:
    Of course any partner would be mad.

You've identified that, so stop replying to him.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 6, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.