Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which PS4 game should I buy? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Battlefield 1, Titanfall 2, The Witcher 3, or Uncharted 4?

ReputationRep:
    BF1

ReputationRep:
    Havent played witcher three, though heard lots of good things.

Played battlefield one, good if you play online often!

As a wild card, consider NZA:nazi zombie army. It's based in the sniper elite engine and it. is. so. gooooood.

Edit: sniper elite three is one stonker of a game if you can get it on next gen. Uncharted four left me disappointed with some confusing character arcs. Though a challenging game, If you do settle on uncharted, I advise starting on the hardest two difficulties as you may just breeze through it.

ReputationRep:
    Depends if you like single player or multiplayer.

ReputationRep:
    Out of those four it is obviously Overwatch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena64)
    Out of those four it is obviously Overwatch.
    Twitch shooter trash.

ReputationRep:
    I would have thought the OP given his username would be more interested in steam trains.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    Get Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (Legacy Edition).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FIFA 18)
    Get Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (Legacy Edition).
    I want to get into the Battlefield series rather than COD (if any).

What about Bloodborne? Is that a good horror slasher?

ReputationRep:
    Fifa Gta Injustice

ReputationRep:
    Depends what type of gaming you're into. If it's online play you are looking for pick up BF1. The others don't offer the current community that does (two of them are totally offline). I'm not into shooter games so it's not for me and I haven't picked it up.

Game wise I picked up the witcher 3 GOTY edition in the steam sale and it's amazing. If you like games like skyrim it's a big recommend from me.

Uncharted 4 is different again - it has levels and you play through it - I enjoyed the story more then I thought I would. There is a reason it's game of the year from people like AngryJoe but if you're into either playing online or open world it's not for you. The best game I can think of like this is the last of us - amazing game but not for everyone.

ReputationRep:
    you could try fallout 4, good if you like skyrim, it is the true spiritual successor to that....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    you could try fallout 4, good if you like skyrim, it is the true spiritual successor to that....
    Witcher is much more like Skyrim then fallout is.

ReputationRep:
    battlefield

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomeGuyHere)
    Witcher is much more like Skyrim then fallout is.
    I suppose, but I haven't got very far in the witcher. The thing is there are lots of little differences, such as how the game loads between screens, which are the same build.

Thanks for that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    I suppose, but I haven't got very far in the witcher. The thing is there are lots of little differences, such as how the game loads between screens, which are the same build.

Thanks for that!
    It runs on the same engine but Fallout 4 doesn't really change as a game based upon the decisions you make. It was one of the big criticisms of it when it came out.

ReputationRep:
    I want to get into the Battlefield series rather than COD (if any).

What about Bloodborne? Is that a good horror slasher?
    Bloodborne is good, if you're the type of person who doesn't stress over videogames. I spent over an hour trying to play it blind, before losing my s**t and looking up a guide online

It isn't an arcade slasher. It's more like Dark Souls combat, one wrong move can punish you horribly. It is horror themed, and it is a helluva lot of fun to play (but nothing like the games you've suggested in your first post)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomeGuyHere)
    It runs on the same engine but Fallout 4 doesn't really change as a game based upon the decisions you make. It was one of the big criticisms of it when it came out.
    Neither does Skyrim though...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.