Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Got a date tonight, we haven't met in person yet. I am really old enough to not be like this but anxiety is getting the better of me! Wish me luck guys!

ReputationRep:
    aww! good luck!! im sure it'll go v v well!!!

keep calm, be yourself, and it'll go s'well!!!
    and most importantly- dont forget to have fun!!! :yep: let us know how it goes!

ReputationRep:
    Goodluck! Just remember you`re there to see how you like being with the person so don`t stress about it :3 Tell us how it went when you come back!

Thank you! I'm a girl btw incase anyone cares, haha. I got hurt in the latter part of 2016 so I think that's why I'm more worried than I am usually with the dating thing. I'll post back later!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck!!! Tell us all about it when you get back. Also helpful tip: have a shot of alcohol before your date just to loosen up a bit

Having a drink as we speak! Haha, thanks x

ReputationRep:
    Good luck. Having a few drinks before is a good idea.

ReputationRep:
    How did it go?

ReputationRep:
    Hahah. Is it normal in the UK to drink alone BEFORE you go on a date?

Tell us how it went!

It went okay. Not the best date nor the worst. We ended up going for dinner which isn't ideal on a first date. It got a bit awkward at times but I did fancy him. Maybe nerves got to us both or we just aren't well matched in person. He's asked to go on a second date though so I think I'lll see how that goes before ruling him out lol.

I just had the one drink before I went out to calm my nerves!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 6, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.