Turn on thread page Beta

First Date Nerves watch

Announcements

Got a date tonight, we haven't met in person yet. I am really old enough to not be like this but anxiety is getting the better of me! Wish me luck guys!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    aww! good luck!! im sure it'll go v v well!!!

keep calm, be yourself, and it'll go s'well!!!
    and most importantly- dont forget to have fun!!! :yep: let us know how it goes!

ReputationRep:
    Goodluck! Just remember you`re there to see how you like being with the person so don`t stress about it :3 Tell us how it went when you come back!

Thank you! I'm a girl btw incase anyone cares, haha. I got hurt in the latter part of 2016 so I think that's why I'm more worried than I am usually with the dating thing. I'll post back later!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck!!! Tell us all about it when you get back. Also helpful tip: have a shot of alcohol before your date just to loosen up a bit

Having a drink as we speak! Haha, thanks x

ReputationRep:
    Good luck. Having a few drinks before is a good idea.

ReputationRep:
    How did it go?

ReputationRep:
    Hahah. Is it normal in the UK to drink alone BEFORE you go on a date?

Tell us how it went!

It went okay. Not the best date nor the worst. We ended up going for dinner which isn't ideal on a first date. It got a bit awkward at times but I did fancy him. Maybe nerves got to us both or we just aren't well matched in person. He's asked to go on a second date though so I think I'lll see how that goes before ruling him out lol.

I just had the one drink before I went out to calm my nerves!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 6, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.