Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Not sure what to do with life, uni, etc. Really need help Watch

ReputationRep:
    This is my first post so please bare with me, also, hello TSR friends!

With 10 days left till the UCAS application deadline, I have been stressing out more and more about what I should do, whether to go to Uni, not go, take a gap year or what. I am currently studying English Literature and Art & Design at A Level as well as doing an OCR Level 3 ICT course (something like that)

For just over a year, I have been considering studying Sport Journalism at University, but leading up to the UCAS deadline I've been doing more research into it and I'm not sure if it's what I want do. Not because I don't enjoy it anymore, but because I've realised that financially it is not worth and a majority of journalism-based jobs don't require the degree, but actually care more about the experience, I do not want to study a subject that is potentially a waste of time (apart from the NCTJ course).

After this, I have branched out and looked at other courses that interest me such as: Creative Writing, English Literature, etc. But they all look way too difficult, and I don't think I could handle studying a very difficult subject combined with likely being the worst in my respective class if I took any subject.

Finally, I have also considering taking a gap year to clear my mind out and take a break from education but I don't have any plan on what I could do. I'm struggling to get a part-time job at the moment, if I do take a gap year I'll need a full-time job, which will be even harder to get.

Does anyone know what I can do?? I apologise for how long this is..

ReputationRep:
    Make a decision and do that, knowing that if it doesn't work out, you can make another decision. I think your thought processes are bob on, but you just need to commit to one thing or the other and go wholeheartedly at it.

Good luck!
    • Political Ambassador

Taking a gap year will certainly help you and give you more time to reflect on your aspirations.

And have some confidence, believe in yourself. I'm sure you have the ability to handle the subjects you mentioned. You have to work hard and study a lot, but if you have an organized schedule, I'm sure you can succeed.

Try applying for some volunteering work that you can practice for a few months in order to gain some experience and then apply for jobs. Ask your relatives and friends if they know anybody who's hiring.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.