Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does anyone know any good, interesting psychological/political/law books I could read Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Any about UK, US or international politics or law, and any psychological books. Just looking for something interesting to read.

ReputationRep:
    Age of Spiritual Machines by Ray Kurzweil
    About AI and the future.

Blink by Malcolm Gladwell
    The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell
    Both very interesting psychological books.

Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser
    Fascinating study of the American fast food industry.

Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot and Other Observations by Al Franken
    Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them by Al Franken

Both political books that anyone on the political spectrum can enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    Read "Thinking, fast and slow"
    Without a shadow of a doubt, one of my all time favorites.
    Trying to go over what this book digs into would take me a whole post in itself, so allow me to just gush: This book is damn awesome, read it!
    Seriously though, for behavioral research, there are few books that touch the scope and breadth that Dan Kahneman dives into with this masterpiece
    Mr. Kahneman holds a Nobel Prize in economics as well, and this aspect shines through in the book’s many examples.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.