Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm aming for A/A* so have I left it too late to start revising .. I'm planning to start on the 9th.. My first exam is on the 15th of May

ReputationRep:
    I'm aiming for the same, I haven't (yet) started revising. I'm currently doing a little revision for my mocks.

Remember, the earlier you start, the better the mark.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by anivla)
    I'm aming for A/A* so have I left it too late to start revising .. I'm planning to start on the 9th.. My first exam is on the 15th of May
    You can do it for sure! If you ever need help feel free to PM me

True! Ive finished mocks so thats why i waswondering
    (Original post by GiacomoLaw)
    I'm aiming for the same, I haven't (yet) started revising. I'm currently doing a little revision for my mocks.

(Original post by brainzistheword)
    You can do it for sure! If you ever need help feel free to PM me
    thanks!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    A/A* are not determined by the amount of time you put in. They are determined by the amount and quality of the work you put in. You could start now and not get above a B if you don't learn and revise properly. Hours of work do not equate to an A*

Also why the 9th? Why not start now? What does putting it off for 4 days accomplish? Will Monday come around and you decide to put it off for another day or two? The sooner you get into a schedule the better. So start now. Get off TSR and do soem revision right now.

ReputationRep:
    True! Ive finished mocks so thats why i waswondering
    Sadly I have them when I get back on Monday. Had to spend the whole holiday revising.

If you did well in your mocks, base your revision off that. If you did not do so well, revise more and change your revision strategy.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't even started myself but planning to around Feb. Swear GCSE's are all about memory I just need to improve it then the A*'s coming my way

(Original post by sarahyi)
    I haven't even started myself but planning to around Feb. Swear GCSE's are all about memory I just need to improve it then the A*'s coming my way
    They are ! And thats the annoying aspect of them!

ReputationRep:
    I started revision in Christmas holidays because we have mocks now and these inform our predicted grades to colleges. But it was hard and made me tired over Christmas break.I don't think you've left it too late, there are months and months, but definitely start as soon as you can. Don't go too intense too fast because otherwise you'll be tired come April/May.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by GiacomoLaw)

(Original post by sarahyi)
    (Original post by DeepInTheMeadow)
    I started revision in Christmas holidays because we have mocks now and these inform our predicted grades to colleges. But it was hard and made me tired over Christmas break.I don't think you've left it too late, there are months and months, but definitely start as soon as you can. Don't go too intense too fast because otherwise you'll be tired come April/May.
    Hey everyone - just thought it might be worth letting you know that I've posted links to flashcards I made and used during my GCSEs https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4233122 I'm not sure how much use they'll be, but feel free to use them

ReputationRep:
    what is 1-4=

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yafetsemere)
    what is 1-4=

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.