Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello to everyone

I'm a Spanish student who is considering studying in the UK, especially in London. I'm interested in studying a Master of Science of Immunology which is offered by Imperial College. However, I have a lot of questions about this issue

Firstly, one of the campus is at Hammersmith, so Is it a good place to live? Are there any areas of Hammersmith (and London too) that I should avoid?

What's more, I would like to know what is the best way to fit in well with the British society. I guess that the British and Spanish people have the same controversial issues, but, Is there something else which I shouldn't talk about?

Thank you so much for reading!!

ReputationRep:
    So, Hammersmith Hospital is in Acton. Charring Cross Hospital is in Hammersmith. It is a bit confusing. Either way there are students who live in both areas (especially Hammersmith!)

Hammersmith is a very busy, multicultural place. I would not say there are any particular places to avoid, but be as cautious as you would be anywhere as there is obviously crime in all major parts of London (just as there would be in Madrid or Barcelona!) A lot of students live near Charring Cross Hospital, so I would not worry too much.

I would definitely come visit London before paying for any private accommodation though if possible. If you manage to get accommodation from Imperial College, it will be simple, but will suffice.

Regarding your second question, not really, just be open-minded. You will meet all sorts of people here (different races, religions, gender identities, political views). As long as you are respectful, you will do fine. London (especially Hammersmith/Imperial College) is a very international place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notespad)
    So, Hammersmith Hospital is in Acton. Charring Cross Hospital is in Hammersmith. It is a bit confusing. Either way there are students who live in both areas (especially Hammersmith!)

Hammersmith is a very busy, multicultural place. I would not say there are any particular places to avoid, but be as cautious as you would be anywhere as there is obviously crime in all major parts of London (just as there would be in Madrid or Barcelona!) A lot of students live near Charring Cross Hospital, so I would not worry too much.

I would definitely come visit London before paying for any private accommodation though if possible. If you manage to get accommodation from Imperial College, it will be simple, but will suffice.

Regarding your second question, not really, just be open-minded. You will meet all sorts of people here (different races, religions, gender identities, political views). As long as you are respectful, you will do fine. London (especially Hammersmith/Imperial College) is a very international place.
    Thank you so much for your answer!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.