Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hello I am in year 10
    In maths I am set 5 out of 7 sets
    My teacher said that I am going to do foundation paper which only goes up to a C
    But the college I want o attend requires a maths B
    What can I do to change her mind and do higher paper
    Thank you

    Ask your teacher for reasons why this this
    Do you think that the teacher is right?
    Do you think that you can achive above a C grade?
    If you do ask the teacher to give you a chance at doing a higher maths paper
    Also if your parents or whoever you live with agree with you ask them to contact your school

    Hope that helped

    prove to her that you are a B student!

    ask her if you could take a previous higher paper test home to prove to her that you could achieve higher than a grade C. (and do it under exam conditions.)
    perhaps she feels it is safer for you to do the foundation paper.
    I would say the best option is to get your parents to go into the school and talk to the head teacher about it otherwise it will never get sorted and you wont get any real confirmation that you can do the higher paper.
    Best of luck with your exams
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Study tools


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.


Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.


Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.


Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.