The Student Room Group

Gcse 2017

How do I motivate myself? I know I want A/A* for all my GCSE's but I literally have NO motivation to revise for those grades. Yes I do want those results and I know that could be used as motivation, but I would like some more to make me work the hardest I can.. It my also be due to GCSE's being in 4 months time (quite long)
So, three points. First of all, these GCSEs are more important than they have ever beeen before. With new linear courses, and many colleges not doing AS levels, the univerisities only have your GCSE results and some vague predictions to go on (if we aren't considering Personal statements etc).
Second, you know that feeling when you sit down to an exam paper and you don't know one thing and you get panicked and stressed out? You don't want that feeling.
And finally, seriously real life is tough work. May as well get a good work ethic fo A levels and univerisity/jobs.
Reply 2
finally someone I can relate to!!!
so we have like just less than 100 days til out GCSE's
Write out one day everything you have done- revision wise and what you still haven't done. If that isn't motivation then idk what is.
Think about the years behind you, what you have done and why you feel you deserve to get these results.
Be realistic is this actually something I can achieve.
Maybe make a plan/promise, you'll do one to x amount of hours a day, either note taking or revising or past papers/questions

Quick Reply

Latest