Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    http://pmt.physicsandmathstutor.com/...%20Edexcel.pdf

I hate it simply because it's bs. Everytime they'll give me another way to do it which gives the right answer. Everytime they'll do it and i can do the way they do it yet i can't think of they way they do it myself. Everytime they do something bs and i think to myself there's 50 million dam things you could do which are all valid and this is the way to do it ._____________.

Every dam time
    q7a
    here's where i got up to
    \dfrac{sin^2 \theta +cos^2 \theta}{sin \theta cos \theta}

\dfrac{1}{sin \theta cos \theta}

then i got stuck

then suddenly the mark scheme decides to multiply by 2. Tf mark scheme, Why doesn't it just multiply by 4. Why can't i think of ****ing multiplying by the dam number 2. It's just pathetic and i've done all the stupid jan c3 edexcel papers and still i can't do trig.

help me die pls
    i dun wanna live anymore

Edit: or y'know what they could just leave it as cosec \theta sec \theta that's fine too why not do that? .-----.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will'o'wisp)

I hate it simply because it's bs. Everytime they'll give me another way to do it which gives the right answer. Everytime they'll do it and i can do the way they do it yet i can't think of they way they do it myself. Everytime they do something bs and i think to myself there's 50 million dam things you could do which are all valid and this is the way to do it ._____________.

Every dam time
    q7a
    here's where i got up to

then i got stuck

then suddenly the mark scheme decides to multiply by 2. Tf mark scheme, Why doesn't it just multiply by 4. Why can't i think of ****ing multiplying by the dam number 2. It's just pathetic and i've done all the stupid jan c3 edexcel papers and still i can't do trig.

help me die pls
    i dun wanna live anymore
    I would've noticed the similarity between the denominator and the Identity  sin2x= 2sinxcosx and then worked from there.
    Identities do take a while to get used to though, so don't worry if you can't 'spot' it straight away at the moment.

I'd recommend looking at some questions in here
    http://madasmaths.com/archive_maths_...gonometry.html

ReputationRep:

Every dam time
    q7a
    here's where i got up to

then i got stuck

help me die pls
    i dun wanna live anymore
    Firstly, calm down. It's not that deep, it's just maths.

Note the following:  2\csc 2\theta = \frac{2}{sin2\theta}=\frac{2}{2\  sin\theta\cos\theta}=\frac{1}{ \sin \theta \cos \theta}

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by solC)
    I would've noticed the similarity between the denominator and the Identity  sin2x= 2sinxcosx and then worked from there.
    Identities do take a while to get used to though, so don't worry if you can't 'spot' it straight away at the moment.

I wouldn't send him there bro.

If he's on the verge of killing himself, I don't think TeeEm's questions will make him feel any better...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by solc)
    i would've noticed the similarity between the denominator and the identity  sin2x= 2sinxcosx and then worked from there.

(Original post by naruke)
    firstly, calm down. It's not that deep, it's just maths.

Note the following:  2\csc 2\theta = \frac{2}{sin2\theta}=\frac{2}{2\  sin\theta\cos\theta}=\frac{1}{ \sin \theta \cos \theta}
    that's the point guise i get that. Why can't i do that even after a multitude of papers?

ReputationRep:
    that's the point guise i get that. Why can't i do that even after a multitude of papers?
    Your final answer was  \frac{1}{\sin \theta \cos \theta} , correct?

Technically, you got the answer right since  2\csc 2\theta = \frac{1}{\sin \theta \cos \theta} . So, I don't think you'd lose marks...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naruke)

If he's on the verge of killing himself, I don't think TeeEm's questions will make him feel any better...
    Your final answer was  \frac{1}{\sin \theta \cos \theta} , correct?

Technically, you got the answer right since  2\csc 2\theta = \frac{1}{\sin \theta \cos \theta} . So, I don't think you'd lose marks...

ReputationRep:

Lol maybe you're right, but its probs better to do those than rinse all the past paper questions now
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Probably because you don't know the identities well enough - it's not the exam paper's fault.

For C3 you need to know the double angle identities off by heart so you can spot things like \sin \theta \cos \theta is similar to 2\sin \theta \cos \theta = \sin 2\theta.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=will'o'wisp;69386046]x/QUOTE]

Complain to Edexcel or something.

Edit: On a more serious note though, just get some more practice with these types of questions if you struggle. TeeEM has a load of booklets which he has written solutions for!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notnek)
    Probably because you don't know the identities well enough - it's not the exam paper's fault.

For C3 you need to know the double angle identities off by heart so you can spot things like \sin \theta \cos \theta is similar to 2\sin \theta \cos \theta = \sin 2\theta.
    I know that identity i couldn't make the link between \dfrac{1}{sin \theta cos \theta} and \dfrac{1}{2(2sin \theta cos \theta)}

here look
    my workings out from top to bottom, and left to right

[QUOTE=Naruke;69386182]
    x/QUOTE]

Complain to Edexcel or something.

Edit: On a more serious note though, just get some more practice with these types of questions if you struggle. TeeEM has a load of booklets which he has written solutions for!
    that link sent to me, i can see the questions but not really the answer ;_; but eh i can zoom in and it works so i guess i'll make do

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.