Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

No friends at sixth form Watch

ReputationRep:
    grind it out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-ved)
    Don't get me wrong, I would definitely socialize in university. Right now, I just think right now there isn't any point on being or keeping friends from sixth form as its only 2 years? I'd rather take in the pain right now and reap the benefits afterwards? But I do agree that isolation is quite unhealthy if you don't socialize one bit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't do it. Try and make few friends now. The human brain needs people to function properly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magic Streets)
    Don't do it. Try and make few friends now. The human brain needs people to function properly.
    I can't function properly. I'm not human

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-ved)
    I can't function properly. I'm not human
    So am I lol

ReputationRep:
    Hey you are definitely not alone in this.I am going through the exact same thing right now no exagerration.I joined a new sixth form and drifted apart from all my old friends so now all I have is one best friend at a different school.I know exactly how you feel as everyone was already in a group or made groups really quickly and now I cant just go join a group.I know exactly how it feels to spend breaks and frees alone and struggle to talk to people.If you'd like it would be really nice for you to message me in private we could talk more on there but just know others are going through the same

(Original post by Anonymous)
    So i started a new sixth form back in September and i'm currently in year 12. I struggled to make friends within the first few days and so became an outcast. Within the first few days everyone had already made their groups and didn't seem open to accepting me into them. Trust me, i tried to make friends however people just didn't seem interested in talking to me.
    I'm now 4months in and i have no friends. I spend my lunch and break times alone in the library. I feel overwhelmingly lonely and unwanted.
    I just want to know if anyone else is going through something similar or if anyone has any advice for coping with the next 2 years.
    Hi
    I also feel you. I don't have friends in Sixth Form stil even though I stayed at my school sixth form. Eversince I transferred in Year 10, I never made real friends someone who you would openly share your feelings, jokes and concerns. I met 3 girls who were from my form we ate lunch together, sat together but I never really felt I belong in their group. It was really hard to open up with them and I never opened up to them inside 2 years. Everytime I'm with them, I feel irrelevant. One girl made me feel like I was her slave even to others. She was horrible. So... I stopped hanging out with her at lunch, even at break (well except during tutor time I can't avoid them since we sat together. )
    They all left school and I stayed behind. Friendless. If you ask me, am I lonely? I wouldn't necessarily say No but I do feel lonely sometimes especially when the Library is closed. I have nowhere to go. Probably that's the time I feel the loneliest. However, remember don't stress yourself too much on making friends. Friendship will come it might not be at this time but it will in the future.
    In my previous school year, I grew closer to few girls. The first time in my 4 years in England I met people who shared the same interests as me. We became lesson buddies. That's why don't try too hard on making friends. They'll come to you naturally. they was the first to approach me and until now we often meet up.

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I honestly could have written your post myself I understand it that much.I am also in Year 12, about to finish for the summer and this year has quite possibly been the worst in my school career.
    Most of my friends left school and went to College while I stayed on at Sixth Form and although I tried to form new friendship groups people really weren't interested.
    In the room my Sixth Form has reserved for Sixth Form students only, there is a long table where everyone sits to eat and chat but I always find myself forced to sit on the end and the people next to me ignore me.
    I now eat in the Library and pretend I'm doing work and I have never felt so lonely and sad about it all. My 18th birthday is in 2 months and I don't have anyone to invite to it (or anyone that would come) and boy did the thought of that make me cry.
    All I can say is that I hope it gets better for you and that next year you find some amazing friends. I'm sure you're a lovely person. Good luck for Year 13! Hopefully things will change.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by okayiswonderful)
    Hello,
    I honestly could have written your post myself I understand it that much.I am also in Year 12, about to finish for the summer and this year has quite possibly been the worst in my school career.
    Most of my friends left school and went to College while I stayed on at Sixth Form and although I tried to form new friendship groups people really weren't interested.
    In the room my Sixth Form has reserved for Sixth Form students only, there is a long table where everyone sits to eat and chat but I always find myself forced to sit on the end and the people next to me ignore me.
    I now eat the Library and pretend I'm doing work and I have never felt so lonely and sad about it all. My 18th birthday is in 2 months and I don't have anyone to invite to it (or anyone that would come) and boy did the thought of that make me cry.
    All I can say is that I hope it gets better for you and that next year you find some amazing friends. I'm sure you're a lovely person. Good luck for Year 13! Hopefully things will change.
    You're a f****** soldier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hkmt)
    You're a f****** soldier.
    Thank you, it truly made me smile that someone took the time to read all that and reply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by okayiswonderful)
    Thank you, it truly made me smile that someone took the time to read all that and reply.
    I know exactly what you're going through and it is the worst feeling one can have. The only advice I have to give is don't make stupid decisions because of what's happened and smash your A-Levels. It's going to be a long year, but everything always passes.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 7, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.